“Good airport location”

Melia Barajas
Ranked #177 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The hotel is located not very far from Barajas airport, and there is a shuttle bus that runs between the airport and hotel. I found the walls in the room that I was staying in to be very thin - so think I could here the TV from next door and the conversation of the couple. I had an early flight so didn't have the best night's sleep. Reception staff were good. I ate at a small restaurant across the road which was cheap and tasty.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed overnight with my husband on our last night in Europe. We had a large suite that was very roomy and comfortable. I found the traditional decor to be quaint and very European. The bathroom was huge with a separate tub and shower. The hotel airport shuttle was very convenient. Metro stop was close to the hotel for easy access. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was an excellent hotel in terms of comfort and proximity to the airport with a first class shuttle service. There were good options at the breakfast. I booked a premium room and was upgraded to a junior suite which was top quality. The only problem was a 17inch TV the likes of which I have not seen in a very long time. The bathroom was excellent, the room very comfortable but again like the Princesa melia in downtown Madrid some of the front of house staff at check in and check out were poor very poor with neither courtesy or good manners. Example. As i checked in the bell boy inadvertantly took my bag and brought it to another room. The lady who checked in the couple who's room my bag went too suggested I go there and collect it myself. I just found her whole response so indifferent and careless. The front of house staff at the melia tamarindo's were at a totally different level with regard to the customer experience. Check out equally as bad, rude lady no efford whatsoever to engage you and practically threw my bill at me. However these were just minor irritations of which the hotel should be aware. I would most certainly stay again as it is a good facility with a good price and excellent room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The hotel is about 1KM from the Madrid Barajas airport. They offered 24 hours free shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport. Around 15 minutes, there will be the shuttle bus and this makes it easy. The shuttle bus stops at every terminal with the sign of "hotel shuttle" on the stop. You should wave to the driver if you see a car coming with the logo "Melia Barajas" on the car or he'll pass by without stopping.

I don't know whether this hotel is a 3 star or 4 star. Fairly speaking, the room is very basic and old style. The decoration and the funitures in the room makes it like a grandpa hotel. The television is small and the carpet is in dark color. The bathroom is floor is not that clear. There's no free network available, the internet access is with additional charge. Also, the parking will cost you 16 Euro per day.

Most important, the sound proof of the room is terrible. I can clearly hear people talking outside my door. I even heard the water in my neighbour's bathroom, I also heard my neighbour making a phone call.......Don't forget to bring your ear plug if you choose to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Luca_Luo
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Had to stay overnight in Madrid Barajas airport on my way to Mexico. Arrived at 9.15 pm, called the hotel at 10:05 pm, shuttle arrived in 15 minutes and by 10:30 I was already in my room.
My room rate was 109 euros/night. when I checked in I was asked if I will leave early in the morning, and where will I eat breakfast, at the restaurant or in my room. I chose the restaurant, when I got into my room and looked at the bill I saw that they add 15 euros for breakfast... I went down and canceled it. They told me that I was given a better room because I ordered breakfast (strange...) but didn't ask me to change rooms.
Internet costs 12 euros for 24 hours. If you want to eat something you have to eat at the hotel. food is expensive - a beer and a sandwich costs 20-25 euros.
so if you plan to stay for the night, eat dinner, breakfast and use the internet you can come up with 50% more then you expected to spend.
Overall it's a very good hotel. Huge rooms. Clean. Close to the airport with a good shuttle service from and to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nad66
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel is very much for business and airline crew people. I found it also as a good hotel for private tourist. Located closely to airport (you do not hear airplanes in your room), it is clean and provides bus connection to the airport. Approximately 15 min walk to metro station to pick up line 8 and be in 30 min in downtown Madrid.No internet in the room, but available in common area next to coffee shop.I was happy there. We ate outside the hotel so no comments about dinning inside the hotel. Thanks

Reviewed 10 October 2011

A nice hotel, near the airport (10' away). frequent conection with own buses.

Large and clean rooms.

Dinner at the restaurant (buffet) was not very good and a bit expensive, the breakfast though was OK.

free wi-fi but not the best signal (form my room 1-2 bars out of 5)

very friendly and helpful reception.

Overall a possitive experience