Hotel Villa De Barajas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmadrid airportclose to the airportfree shuttleburger kingnext morninglate arrivalan early flightone night stayfree breakfastmetro stationrooms are smallbars and restaurantsspainstreeteuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The Hotel is clean and I see in the web site. Over all good value. Good breakfast.
I would not go back because the hotel was not sound proof at all. We could not sleep at all. The hotel is by the Airport which guest checks in and out very early and very late. We heard door slamming, steps on hallway. When next doors guest talked, it sounded like they are in the room with you. The worst was we heard entire hotel pluming sound all night and all morning….
The bath room was clean but the show was that not clean and water did not drain well. We were standing in the standing water and show pan is shallow, afraid it would flood.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2011

With this hotel, it is what it is: an airport hotel. But for an airport hotel, I thought it was quite nice. Cute waiting area in the lobby, two computers, a bar area with a TV, and a big dining room. We opted to get breakfast the next morning and that was a good choice. Lots of options for food--both of us got seconds. Coffee, baked goods, fresh fruit, baguettes, eggs, ham, etc. The rooms were nice enough. The hotel staff was friendly, though I thought it was strange that in order to print off anything, you had to email it to a certain email address and then ask the staff to print it for you. We're not trusted with a printer? Other hotels trusted their patrons with printers. This was a minor annoyance when we were trying to reserve and print off our boarding passes for our flights the next day and a map. Oh and we were only given one key when there were two of us. This became a problem at night since you need a key to activate the lights in the room. One wanted to go to bed but stay up awhile first, and the other wanted to go to a friend's room for awhile. If I took the key, she'd be in the dark. If I left the key, I'd have to wake her up to get back into the room. Was kind of strange to only have one key card. The free airport shuttle was a big plus.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My stay at the BW Villa de Barajas was for one night in room 405 before a morning flight home. I liked the neighborhood location of this hotel as it was nice to be able to have the availabilty of several restaurants and shops while still at an airport hotel.

The van arrived shortly after being called from the airport and the driver offered friendly advice on the area. Check-in was friendly and effecient and information was offered about breakfast the following morning and free wifi sign-on. There is a nice free coffee machine located off of the main lobby with vending machines and ice.

The decor of the lobby and rooms are modern and the room, while small, is set up effeciently with good lighting, many television channels, and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotless, although I didn't like the lack of bar soap, my room only had liquid soap dispensers in the shower and at the sink. Unfortunately the dispenser in the shower ran out of soap after one and a half showers. In the evening and early morning hours I could hear very clear conversations coming from adjoining rooms. Ear plugs solved this problem, but, was annoying. Nice shutters blocked out all light from the windows.

Transportation back to the airport was prompt and effecient. As stated in previous reviews, breakfast was minimally adequate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Hotel is very clean and tidy. Staff are polite, friendly and nothing too much trouble. Hotel rate was good at 60 euros for a twin bedded room, with an excellent breakfast included. A really good choice as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and that it had private parking available. It was very difficult to find even with a sat nav and on arrival I was told that as I had a "big car" it would not fit in the underground carpark. After 8 hours of driving, I was furious, as this should have been pointed out to me when I booked and requested parking. The receptionist was unhelpful, shrugged his shoulders and walked away, very rude. The courtesy bus driver came to our aid and took us down to the car park and we decided that we probably could get the car in. We did eventually succeed, when the driver moved one of the hotel courtesy bueses for us.

Our room was clean, but very small and very noisy. You have no option but to listen to any TV programmes that your neighbours might be watching.

The other reason for booking the hotel was free wi fi. You are told to ring reception for the code, but when you do that then the unhelpful receptionist tells you it is in the black folder, which actually it wasnt. I went down to reception where he silently wrote it on a piece of paper with no word of apology. On our departure he decided it would be a laugh not to open the garage door so we would have to come back upstairs again. Clearly this hotel doesnt care who it employs or bother to give any training in customer service. The bar area consists of a machine supplying free tea and coffee and a vending machine for anything else you might want.

There are a number of reasonably priced hotels near the airport, choose one of those instead.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple