“tourist trap”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“tourist trap”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We liked the Flamenco - what we could see of it - but objected to the "optional" meal and really lousy viewing area. Only about 1/3 of the entire floor features front facing, unobstructed viewing. We started out in the back with a side view. They moved us to a table in the bar where I spent the performance leaning back and forth to see around the giant post in front of me.

The food is ok. It's like dinner theater. We knew better and should have left. The trap is you have to eat for the early show. I don't care if that is the way it is sold but the person who took our reservations told us that we didn't have to order fixed price. What she neglected to say is we have to order a minimum of 39 euros per person -- without VAT.

I'm cool with overpaying to be a tourist but this is a rip off.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank jaspergal

Jamshedpur, India
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Lots of energy!”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Had to see a Flamenco performance, this was Madrid after all!
The performance was in a restaurant with a stage next to a wall.
There were four dancers, two guitarists and two singers. Altogether they put
up quite a show! Full of sound and not a little fury! Enjoyable, for sure.
We got a free drink and ordered some Tapas which was OK.
Worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank BanditJamshedpur
Tal-El Israel
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“worth every cent”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I am not big on Flamenco but my partner is. WE got a 7 euro discount each on the eve and first drink free by taking a voucher from the "new europe free walking tour" guide. Quite a lot of ambience in this restaurant... everyone was tourists. The waitress brought the Baileys bottle to our table ( free drink is any drink you want!) and poured us the biggest portion of Baileys I have ever received in my life!!!!! Already a good start. The dancing starts almost on time and the place fills up so you need to make reservations. The dancing was awesome.... that's the only way to put it. The singers blew me away and the dancing was awesome. If you are even concidering doing this - just go for it!!

Visited November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Watch the Drink Prices”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Average dancing show but we did want to see some traditional dance. Stayed for one 'set' - approx 40 minutes, then paid for our drinks - 1 Gin & Tonic plus 1 mug of beer = 25 euros!

Visited April 2012