“The best tour company EVER!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rutas Pangea

Rutas Pangea
Ranked #23 of 95 Outdoor Activities in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided bike tours in MadridWe are placed next to Madrid-Río.Some of our tours´subjects are: bridges over Manzares River, Hidden gardens, Valle Inclan´s Madrid, The Civil war in Madrid and more.Mountain bikes, road bikes, city bikes and tandems are rentedGuided trips all around Spain during all the year: Natural Parks, Old train trails: “Green Ways”, Ancient cattle tracks and World Heritage cities.Tourism by bike
Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The best tour company EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I had the pleasure of a bike tour with this company and I had the most fantastic time ever!!!! I loved every minute of this ride and would do it again in a heartbeat. The tour was amazing, we covered so much of the city and I saw so many things in Madrid that I did not knew existed. It was a tour of the authors of Madrid and we traveled a route and learned of the history and legacy of some famous authors. It was of the best things I have done during my stay in Madrid. I highly recommend when in Madrid visit Rutas Pangea, rent a bike, take a tour..enjoy all this great company has to offer.

Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly bike rental in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I rented a road bike for a triathlon competition in Madrid. Friendly and efficient service. No fuzz, only a quick photo of my passport was needed. Flexible regarding a potential extention of the rental period. The bike worked very well. Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Santor69
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful afternoon in Madrid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

After spending the previous two days eating our way around Madrid, an afternoon of pleasent excersize in the glorious Madrid sunshine was just what we needed! We walked from our hotel on Gran Via to Rutas Pangea through the La Latina markets, which took us about 30-40 minutes but was a lovely stroll for a Sunday morning. We arrived to Rutas Pangea after asking some friendly locals where to find it. The staff only spoke a little english (which was brilliant considering the very little...and terrible...Spanish we spoke) but were very helpful and friendly. They were very accommodating and safely took care of our market purchases whilst we were out and stayed onsite during siesta as we only hired them for 2 hours and needed to return. We spent the time exploring the Madrid Rio, a safe and lovely option for riding with multiple cafes along the way. A great afternoon!

2 Thank CarmenFS
Earth
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Pangea made it incredibly easy to spend a day riding in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I emailed pangea a week before I was going to be in Madrid, and needed to get some training in while I was in town. They reserved a road bike for me with SPDs (that's all I was travelling with).

When I showed up Sunday morning, they helped me get fitted on the bike, let me borrow a tool to adjust the seat in case I needed more adjustment during the ride. The road bike was an older model, but a fantastic bike - light and fast.

And you cannot beat the price - I rode for 5+ hours and it was just 15 euros. Best deal I found in Madrid. Even though my spanish is very poor, I was able to understand the directions.

I rode El Anillo Verde Ciclista, which is about 66K. It's a lot of stop and start because it crosses a lot of roads, so I might not recommend it for training, but it is a way to see the outskirts of much of the city.

1 Thank BizTravel89
Aspen, Colorado
“Ideal way to see Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Road, mountain or casual biking, these guys can set you up! Even for a first trip to Madrid I highly recommend at least a day of biking, there's so much more area to be covered. From Old City, to the modern city, to Casa de Campo, there are many biking opportunities in Madrid. And with the bike comes good advice on where to go! I highly recommend Rutas Pangea.

Visited April 2013