“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rutas Pangea

Rutas Pangea
Ranked #22 of 95 Outdoor Activities in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided bike tours in MadridWe are placed next to Madrid-Río.Some of our tours´subjects are: bridges over Manzares River, Hidden gardens, Valle Inclan´s Madrid, The Civil war in Madrid and more.Mountain bikes, road bikes, city bikes and tandems are rentedGuided trips all around Spain during all the year: Natural Parks, Old train trails: “Green Ways”, Ancient cattle tracks and World Heritage cities.Tourism by bike
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

My best day in Madrid started at this little shop, Rutas Pangea. Once I had located it's whereabouts in a very pleasant area (journey to metro Puerto de Toledo then bus 18) I hired a bike and set off with a handful of good suggestions by the attentive staff. I left equipped with a very decent bike complete with basket at the front and a lock. This was just the type of bike I required as I was carrying a heavy camera and my daily holiday stuff. The price was 15 euros for 24 hours and all I needed was a passport for ID. My intention was to tour the Rio Park which was located just across the road but the guy in the shop told me to cycle on to Casa de Campo and explore there too. I did all of this. It was such a fab day, I highly recommend this as an alternative day in Madrid. Casa de Campo can get a bit rough going if you go off track but my trusty bike kept going without any faults. Very professional shop and staff, reasonable/good English spoken, cheap prices, great bikes. Highly recommended.

1 Thank City_girl041

Oxford, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rent biclycles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The perfect place in Madrid to rent a bike. Good value for money and the customer service next to none. I rent a bike to explore Madrid Rio and la casa de campo and their advice was very helpful. They gave me a very good bike and very comfortable to cycle. They are very passionate what they do and definitely I will go back.

The Hague
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Bike Rental”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Two Dutch friends visited me in Madrid for a weekend. We are all cyclists and were planning to head to the mountains for a day tour.

You will find only a few places in Madrid that have racing bikes (carretera) for rent. I started with BikeSpain, but was let down by their service. Then, I found Rutaspangea and send them an inquiry. The response was quick and helpful ( framesize, cleat systems, carbon or aluminium, etc.). Also, I was very much impressed by their service in the shop (bikes were ready, innertubes, pump).

We had a great ride to colmenar viejo.. A day to remember thanks to Rutas Pangea!

Visited May 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The best tour company EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I had the pleasure of a bike tour with this company and I had the most fantastic time ever!!!! I loved every minute of this ride and would do it again in a heartbeat. The tour was amazing, we covered so much of the city and I saw so many things in Madrid that I did not knew existed. It was a tour of the authors of Madrid and we traveled a route and learned of the history and legacy of some famous authors. It was of the best things I have done during my stay in Madrid. I highly recommend when in Madrid visit Rutas Pangea, rent a bike, take a tour..enjoy all this great company has to offer.

Visited May 2013
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly bike rental in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I rented a road bike for a triathlon competition in Madrid. Friendly and efficient service. No fuzz, only a quick photo of my passport was needed. Flexible regarding a potential extention of the rental period. The bike worked very well. Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

1 Thank Santor69