“excellent hotel,location-best trip i've had for years”

InterContinental Madrid
Ranked #36 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

went on inpromptu trip to madrid for a few days on august 24th and it was one of the best trips i have ever been on...my first visit to madrid and the city is amazing - but what made it perfect was the hotel we stayed at - the intercontinental - which was amazing in every way. From the moment turned up the staff were attentive without being overbearing. The room was perfect in every way - good size, comfy bed, all the facilities you would ever need and the most beautiful balcony i have ever had in a hotel. I have travelled extensively for work and pleasure and have never spent so long in any hotel room in my life - it was because the experience was faultless, perfect and the room / balcony was superb. We spent most of the trip sunbathing in our room (on balcony) during the day then taking a short metro trip in the evening into sol (about 15 mins journey / metro stn only 3 mins walk from hotel) to walk around this magnificent city....we did once go swimming in campo park but most of the the time we just strolled around the city in the evening..best way to explore madrid - i am already looking at spare dates in my diary so i can go back to madrid / intercontinental - will definitely be back within the next 2 months and there will only ever be one hotel i will ever stay in madrid now - if the rest of the intercontinentals are as good as this one in madrid i will only be staying at intercontinentals when i travel anywhere else.....perfect and cannot compliment the experience enough - want to thank all the staff for making our short break out of this world

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank clapton4ever
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review regarding the InterContinental Madrid.

We are delighted to know that you had such an amazing time at the InterContinental Madrid and that you are looking to come back. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. We will share your comments with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Madrid a better hotel.

Hoping to welcome you soon,

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is not ideal for a tourist visit as it is on the edge of the city centre. A positive point is that it is very close to a metro station. Overall the hotel gives a feeling of luxury but rooms, in particular bathrooms, are relatively small. Amenities are not generous: 1 mini bottle of shampoo for 2. In fact nothing in the hotel is generous. The AC is quite noisy. Breakfast is very expensive, even by Intercontinental standards.

• Stayed: July 2012
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the InterContinental Hotel during your recent visit to Madrid and for having taken some of your valuable time to share your experiences with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not at your entire satisfaction. I would like to profusely apologize for any discomfort you may have had experienced.

Having a customer leaving the Hotel without having been able to meet his expectations is a real frustration for us and we will do our utmost to gain your confidence again if you let us.

Looking forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Not my first visit to Madrid but first timer in the InterContinental Madrid.
I stayed there the weekend from 24th to 26th of august. Upon arrival in the hotel I was immediately escorted by the very helpful staff to the club lounge for the check-in which went flawless. After receiving all helpful information relating to the hotel I was assigned room the clubroom 654 and yes, it had a balcony :).
The location of the hotel.. ok, it wasn't quite right next to Grand Via or Sol but if you familiarize yourself with the Madrid subway system, it's no biggy because the hotel lies only about 2 minutes walk from the subway station Gregorio Marañón taking you in about 10 minutes to the places that matter. Madrid airport was less than 30 minutes. I rather preferred the more quiet location.
The room was spacious enough, furniture in great condition and cleanliness was spotless.
Breakfast was included and there was plenty to choose from, everything looked well prepared.
All personnel I encountered during my stay were very pleasant.
Special thanks goes out to the club room attendants, you were simply great.
During my entire stay I didn't find anything I could be complaining about.
Keep up the the good work InterContinental Madrid.
I will be back ones I happen to be in the area.
Thank you all for everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
18  Thank SmooveG

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review regarding the InterContinental Madrid.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Madrid a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I visted Madrid for the first time in July, and wanted a affordable, clean hotel that was centrally located. The hotel itself was affordable, clean but at least a brisk 45min walk from the attractions e.g Grand Vie, The Prado Museum and The vibey city nightlife that Madrid offers, so the location was not as convientent as I hoped. However the hotel breakfast has a excellent variety( accept when u ordered a fried egg you have to be very patient as it could take at least 15min) The hotel bar (lounge) area service was very good although the English was not great they had a could do attitude.
However I found the conciege not very helpful which was a shame, and did not promote things to do in there beautiful city during our four day stay. Oops and no pool, was a shame.

Room Tip: We had a Standard double which was very small, with a back view, if you can afford try and get a exe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding the InterContinental Hotel Madrid.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not at your entire satisfaction. I would like to apologize for the discomfort you had experienced. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. But we appreciate you taking the time to prise our staff. These kinds of comments make us work even harder to be better and thrive.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We wanted a luxury hotel in a quiet but central location and that is exactly what we got. The hotel meets the usual Intercontinental high standards. We were given a room with a balcony, which was a nice touch. Staff very helpful and the hotel is spotless. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Mandy014
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write such a nice review of the InterContinental Madrid. Customer satisfaction is our end goal so we are very happy to read that you had such a positive experience with us.

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Service overall is of high standard. Room service is fast with high quality food. Staff at concierge and reception is very friendly and efficient, and so is the phone operator (instant service) who seems to know everything and answered instantly on all questions that I asked. The breakfast buffet was good, without excesses in variety, but good enough though, and the service is outstanding. My room was comfortable, the curtains really close during day time allowing you a dark sleep, the bathroom is good and well equiped, the bedroom is very cleand and comfortable, the only problem being the outside traffic noise during the night, so you should request a quiet room. The gym is also high quality and free of charge.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank ALEXANDRE R
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in august in this hotel witch is 2 minutes away from the metro station Gregorio Maranon and have also the autobuses that passes in the front of the hotel. ( also by night, every 20 minutes).So, first of all I was vell impressed that I was recognised as Platinum member and get the Internet for free in the lobby and Also in The room for me and my friend that I was with. The hotel is very nice, and if you go to Intercontinental as usual is quite the same. They were offering me the king size bed room at the first floor, but they were also very king and when I asked for a room with balcony with the street view, they were offering me The one that I asked for. Even if is a bit smaller than the first one and the furniture was a bit old than I was expected, the view was perfect and wasn't that noisy! If you close the doors at the balcony you will not hear any outside noise. The only problem that I had was when I get the invoice at check-out. I found myself with 2 nights of parking, even though I didn't had a car, and didn't asked anything about parking. But when I complained, they immediately modified and paid the sum that I expected to pay.

I will definetely go again in an Intercontinental and this aslo!

Room Tip: Choose high floor 7th floor with balcony even is the rooms are smaller. I had 722 room street view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CoriT_Bucharest
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding the InterContinental Madrid. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.