“First time at the hotel”

InterContinental Madrid
Ranked #39 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I am Platinum Ambassador and I stay often at the Intercontinental hotels
Got an upgrade and my room is ok
Didn't get a newspaper in the morning, didn't get new bottle of water every day, didn't get on check in a bottle of wine and no need to mention that I didn't get a " courtesy gift for Ambassador
member "
The staff is great and very helpful - especially the concierge counter guys ( Juan and Alfredo )

3  Thank Shlbre
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having chosen the InterContinental Hotel during your recent visit to Madrid.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not at your entire satisfaction. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. I can assure you that we have taken the necessary measures to avoid this from happening again.

Apologizing again for our shortcomings on this occasion, we hope that you will grant us a renewed opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental as soon as your travel plans next bring you to Madrid.

Yours faithfully,
A. Fernandez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay in the Intercontinental Hotel, Madrid. Superb hotel in a central position with a metro station just round the corner. I choose a deluxe room as this offered access to the club lounge and in my opinion, worth the money. The club offers buffet breakfast and various snack presentations throughout the day until 11pm. Our room looked over the central atrium, was of an adequate size and well furnished. The bathroom was a decent size with bath and separate shower. The Elemis toiletries were always replaced after use as were the towels during the day and in the evening during the turn-down service. Overall housekeeping were a credit to the hotel, unobtrusive, highly efficient and always left the guest room cleaned to a high standard. Staff throughout the hotel were of a high standard, courteous and friendly. My main contact with staff was in the club lounge and here, without exception, I was met with a smile and warm friendly greeting. Overall do I recommend this hotel, unreservedly and would I use it again on my next Madrid trip, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Without question choose a deluxe room, access to the club is a major bonus.
19  Thank Ian47

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to write this nice review about the InterContinental Madrid and it's staff.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is really rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Madrid a better hotel.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We go to the Intercontinental Castellana every year, and this year we particularly appreciated their comfortable beds when we arrived after a tour of France, Portugal and Spain. Their concierge service is very good, their doormen very nice, always asking as to how we had done during our outings as they seemed to remember where they had told the taxi to take us! As usual, we had dinner one night at their restaurant, since they had their summer menu it was not too extensive, but the chef was willing to make a special order of warm duck's liver for me.
Breakfast in their Club floor is good and ample, worth the extra price. Can recommend.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the club privileges, they are well worth it.
19  Thank BB1938

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write this nice review about the Intercontinental Madrid and it's staff.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Madrid a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here for three nights in a junior suite with club privileges. Room was very nice, spacious, quiet. Club great for breakfast, coffee and evening snacks. Staff was helpful. Bed was comfortable. Nice location. Close to main highway for easy exit from city or return to airport. Close access to Gran Via.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GoWithGrace

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having chosen the InterContinental Madrid during your recent visit to the city.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review about the hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and we do hope that your stay with us has been very enjoyable.

A.Fernandez

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I been here in this hotel twice this Summer once in Aug other in Sep its really nice hotel good location, it takes from 15- 20 mnts to any location to any shopping place its all by walking & stuff are very helpful they give you a good advice at all times everybody speaks english & you can communicate easy.

the menue in room is not really rich & sort of expensive comparing with prices & offers at restaurants outside, the rooms are clean some of them are very small but others are nice so if you are lucky to find a room you will be places in large one ..otherwise good luck...

be careful at check out to do everything & you better check after them.

you can have a nice time & enjoy your time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Nina D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback and positive rating. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future.

With best regards,
A.Fernandez

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I queued at a ridiculously small (for the size of the hotel),front desk, only to be told I had to check in at the Club lounge. Nice, but not a great start to the evening. Personally I'd swap the concierge desk for check in.
The room was fine except for the single beds. I hate sleeping in single beds. Single occupancy shouldn't mean single beds for 290€ per night. Even a Travelodge gives you a double bed....and actually more comfortable. Hiding the ageing mattress with a layer of thick down feather didn't work for me.
Breakfast in the Club lounge was very nice, and I guess that's why it can justify 290€ per night.
Bathroom was a strange layout. An enormous toilet/bidet room while I showered in a test tube 600x600.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Steve B

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having chosen the InterContinental Madrid Hotel during your recent visit to Madrid.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not at your entire satisfaction. Our number one priority is Guest Satisfaction. Rest assured that we've taken your suggestions under consideration so we can aim for a better service in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My third visit and as always a great place to stay. I arrived and was upgraded because I wanted a smoking room.....result. I had been my room an hour when I received a call from reception apologising but they had someone checking in to that room early the next morning so did I mind being upgraed to a suite...a senior suite, the best €185 I ever spent.
The staff are really freindly and the room service food is excellent.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the internal court yard as the road can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
19  Thank Flak88London

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this nice review about the InterContinental Madrid.

We are very happy to know that your recent visit has been fantastic. I will pass along your comment about our staff being very helpful. That’s what we are aiming for, guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

Hoping to welcome you again very soon,

A. Fernández