“Love this hotel ”

InterContinental Madrid
Ranked #36 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay in Madrid. This time I went with a friend to watch a football match. I will never stay in any other hotel in Madrid. All the staff are extremely helpful. The customer service is excellent. The room service is excellent. From breakfast to dinner.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvatl
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear luvatl,

We would like to thank you for such a nice comment.

Thank you very much for your loyalty to this House, we really hope to welcome you back for any football match this Autom.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It meets the higher standards of Intercontinental. It has a beautifully decorated lobby and hallways. The rooms are a bit on smaller side but well decorated and well furnished. The hotel is close to stores and restaurants. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is served is nicely arranged restaurant with a variety of choices of food items.
The receptionists are helpful and check-in and check-out was quick.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mgtprofessor
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mgtprofessor,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

We are pleased to know you enjoy our hotel and our area. We agree with your opinion, there is a lot of restaurants, shops and even museums in walk-distance from our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had three club rooms for a few nights last week as a short family holiday and I wanted to use TA to express my great appreciation for the way we were looked after from start to finish.

The hotel is a little way from the downtown area but very well situated for the Bernabeu, business/financial districts. There are two Metro stations within a couple of minutes walk so the whole city is completely accessible with ease. Restaurant choices could be a little tricky but we found (via TA) three excellent places all of which I have reviewed separately.

The style of the hotel is quite traditional, both in terms of its furnishings/décor and the way the staff interact with the guests. That is not to say it is tired or stuffy. Everywhere was immaculate and in excellent condition. The rooms were beautiful, perfectly maintained and the lounges very comfortable. Breakfast was comprehensive and excellent.

However, the highlight of the hotel is the way staff at all levels will try their hardest to make you feel welcome and to provide the best possible experience for their guests.

I booked this trip as a flight/hotel deal with BA (great value) in December. In January I emailed the hotel asking for a car to pick us all (6 pax) up. The car was there on time without any reminders or delays.

We had a couple of very small issues with the room on our first day which I asked the Guest Relations team to try and resolve. Their response was beyond my expectations and both in this and in every other requirement we had during the week, they excelled.

I am not at all easy to please and I was blown away by the Intercon Madrid. I would not hesitate to recommend or return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MGSreject
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Our dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment posted on trip advisor.

We are very pleased you found excellent our hotel and staff service.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Madrid for a work trip there. It was my 3rd or 4th visit at this particular hotel during the last 5 years. When I got out of the cab, i was greeted by Carlos Sanchez, who remembered my name and welcomed me back. The front desk was equally friendly. A concierge by the name of Gabrielle helped to make sure that I had a very nice room. I received friendly assistance from several other staff members, including Alfredo Garcia. The hotel room was absolutely stunning and the staff continued to make sure that my brief visit to Madrid was a very good one.

I highly recommend the Intercontinental-Madrid hotel. They match substance (great hotel, location) with style (very friendly and helpful staff). I'll look forward to seeing Carlos, Gabrielle, Alfredo, and my other Intercontinental-Madrid staff when I visit Madrid again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear 598Savile,

Thank you very much for your nice post.

We are very happy to know you have enjoye your stay, our service and location.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on a trip to spain. It was one the places I will remember for the rest of my life. It`s very romantic and the staff were wonderful. The location was perfect for me and close to many destinations I planned to visit. Their breakfast was one of the best breakfast meals I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine h
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Christine h,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Access to the Hotel is simple by Taxi, Bus and Train making it simple to get around Madrid. Walking time is only 25 Minutes to the Plaza de Mayor!
Hotel is spacious with good rooms and spacious beds. Good place to rest.
Dining is reasonable with a spacious Dining area, seating inside or in the garden setting.
Staff are attentive and helpful all speaking English.

Room Tip: All rooms were more than adequate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan C
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Allan C,

Thank you very much for choosen our hotel for your last visit to Madrid.

We are happy to know you have enjoy our hotel, location and our staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We needed to relax for one night before heading north to Rioja and the Basque Country. IC are usually a safe bet, had not stayed here before. Nice rooms, decent size and well appointed. Service and staff were good and very helpful. well located in Madrid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim W

Dear Jim W,

We would like to thank you for your comment posted on trip advisor.

We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.