“Great Hotel Team”

Ranked #35 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel Team”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice hotel, located not too close but also not too far away from the city centre. The hotel needs renovation and the team is doing a great job. In some interactions with the staff, I did not receive the expected reaction, but the management handled pretty well. I would visit the hotel for sure again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ICMadrid, Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Varadero,

Greetings from InterContinental Madrid!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It seems that we did not meet all your expectations but we really hope our Management helped you with your concerns during your stay.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to be better each and every day. We are pleased that you enjoyed our establishment. It would be an honour to welcome you again.

Manrique Rodríguez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Easy to travel around the city. Short walk to train station And business district. If you are here for the football then the stadium is just up the road. Rooms are the standard major chain style, bathroom was a good size. Room service quick and efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Mr. Paul D.,
Greetings from InterContinental Madrid!
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad you found our hotel a good place to stay.
We would like to inform you that we have been recently awarded as the Best Business Hotel in Spain at World Travel Awards so it's great to know that you enjoy your stay during your business trip.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Was here for work and can honestly say coming back to this hotel was the best part of my day. My sister and I had two rooms booked for us and I found this hotel so professional and organized. From the staff to the rooms! The staff were the best we've ever come across, the rooms were a good size and we had a mini balcony. The staff knocked the door a lot during my stay but only because of the lovely gestures like fruit baskets and drinks welcoming us to madrid. The room service was beautiful! The presentation to them setting it up in our room. More than anything the manners of staff! I recommend anyone coming to madrid to stay here. It was our first time in Spain and the hotel made it worth it. Can't forget the mention the location (thumbs up from me!) the rooms were cleaned regularly. Thank you :) x

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Fs3ali
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Fs3ali,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are very happy to know that you and your sister found wonderful our Hotel and Staff members.

We really hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kind regards
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay in Madrid. This time I went with a friend to watch a football match. I will never stay in any other hotel in Madrid. All the staff are extremely helpful. The customer service is excellent. The room service is excellent. From breakfast to dinner.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank luvatl
Dear luvatl,

We would like to thank you for such a nice comment.

Thank you very much for your loyalty to this House, we really hope to welcome you back for any football match this Autom.

With kind regards,

Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It meets the higher standards of Intercontinental. It has a beautifully decorated lobby and hallways. The rooms are a bit on smaller side but well decorated and well furnished. The hotel is close to stores and restaurants. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is served is nicely arranged restaurant with a variety of choices of food items.
The receptionists are helpful and check-in and check-out was quick.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mgtprofessor
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mgtprofessor,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

We are pleased to know you enjoy our hotel and our area. We agree with your opinion, there is a lot of restaurants, shops and even museums in walk-distance from our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had three club rooms for a few nights last week as a short family holiday and I wanted to use TA to express my great appreciation for the way we were looked after from start to finish.

The hotel is a little way from the downtown area but very well situated for the Bernabeu, business/financial districts. There are two Metro stations within a couple of minutes walk so the whole city is completely accessible with ease. Restaurant choices could be a little tricky but we found (via TA) three excellent places all of which I have reviewed separately.

The style of the hotel is quite traditional, both in terms of its furnishings/décor and the way the staff interact with the guests. That is not to say it is tired or stuffy. Everywhere was immaculate and in excellent condition. The rooms were beautiful, perfectly maintained and the lounges very comfortable. Breakfast was comprehensive and excellent.

However, the highlight of the hotel is the way staff at all levels will try their hardest to make you feel welcome and to provide the best possible experience for their guests.

I booked this trip as a flight/hotel deal with BA (great value) in December. In January I emailed the hotel asking for a car to pick us all (6 pax) up. The car was there on time without any reminders or delays.

We had a couple of very small issues with the room on our first day which I asked the Guest Relations team to try and resolve. Their response was beyond my expectations and both in this and in every other requirement we had during the week, they excelled.

I am not at all easy to please and I was blown away by the Intercon Madrid. I would not hesitate to recommend or return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MGSreject
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Our dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment posted on trip advisor.

We are very pleased you found excellent our hotel and staff service.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Madrid for a work trip there. It was my 3rd or 4th visit at this particular hotel during the last 5 years. When I got out of the cab, i was greeted by Carlos Sanchez, who remembered my name and welcomed me back. The front desk was equally friendly. A concierge by the name of Gabrielle helped to make sure that I had a very nice room. I received friendly assistance from several other staff members, including Alfredo Garcia. The hotel room was absolutely stunning and the staff continued to make sure that my brief visit to Madrid was a very good one.

I highly recommend the Intercontinental-Madrid hotel. They match substance (great hotel, location) with style (very friendly and helpful staff). I'll look forward to seeing Carlos, Gabrielle, Alfredo, and my other Intercontinental-Madrid staff when I visit Madrid again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear 598Savile,

Thank you very much for your nice post.

We are very happy to know you have enjoye your stay, our service and location.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

With kind regards,