Intur Palacio San Martin
  • Restaurant
Hostal Gala(Madrid)
  • Free Internet
1,253 results
All reviewsquiet squarechurch bellsgreat locationroom overlooking the squareroyal palacewithin walking distancefrench doorsshort walkcentral locationquiet hotelsmall balconyspacious roombreakfast was excellenttop floornatural lightexcellent hotelquiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2013

During my other previous Madrid trips, I have stayed in other hotels near the airport. But this time, I have opted for a hotel in the city center as I am traveling with my mother and my daughter who is 9. I am not disappointed at all because this hotel is near every places we wanted to visit plus it is a good value for your money. It is located near the shopping centers and lots of restaurants around to choose from. And it is just few minutes walk to Puerta del Sol. Hotel rooms are clean and in good condition, staff are polite and always willing to provide service. Breakfast is simple yet they proposed fried eggs, bacon and sausages cooked "à la minute", just missing some veggies though. I will certainly stay in this hotel again the next time I visit Madrid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, central location, clean but dated rooms, and a quiet hotel considering only 1 block from Sol. Only issue for me was no external view, our hotel room looked over the hotel foyer. However value for money was spot on. We never ate or drank a thing in the hotel, so cannot comment on that, I would have no issues recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woolleg
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last week. The hotel is in a great location, close to lots of things to see and do, and yet is on a small, quiet square which is surrounded by restaurant tables and umbrellas providing a nice reprieve from all of the pedestrian traffic a block away.
We got our room by walking in one morning and asking if anything was available. We were shown 2 rooms, both facing the inner courtyard which is now the hotel lobby. The room we chose was on the 5th floor, spacious, beautifully appointed and fairly light even though our window was not facing the square outside. The room was quiet and reasonable priced.
The staff was always helpful. The free internet always worked ( unlike the wi fi in other hotels).
We did not try the breakfast as it was too expensive. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david m
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The location around Pueto del Sol is terrific but this hotel room was just too small for two people and not a lot of luggage (lucky we didn't bring the cat) and the inside room looking into the light well made me and the room feel claustraphobic. The decoration of the room was very dated but in good condition and very well maintained. Showers great. Breakast too expensive at 14e per heaD. Overall not good value.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed for two nights at the end of our trip. Our room was on the top floor so the only noise we heard was the clanging of the church bells at the convent next door, which we liked but might bother some. The location is excellent, close to the Royal Palace and Plaza de Oriente, and even closer to Plaza Mayor and major pedestrian streets and shops. The staff was pleasant but minimal. The room was fine and comfortable, yet little details (e.g. bits of molding) were broken and laying on the floor though repaired the next day. We had a terrace but it had no furniture or seating. We did not have the breakfast buffet. We would still stay here again - but best is to request a room on upper floors with a window to the street.

Room Tip: upper floor, with window to street
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business