1,337 results
All reviews quiet square church bells great location room overlooking the square royal palace within walking distance callao metro station central location french doors quiet hotel small balcony minute walk natural light spacious room top floor sitting area churros
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Location is everything! This hotel is in a very quiet, mainly pedestrianised square yet only metres from all the city centre options - shops, bars, restaurants and sites. Two Metro stops within a few hundred metres. So you get the best of both worlds - easy access to all the action and a good night's sleep if required! Staff at the hotel, without exception, were excellent throughout my stay. Always friendly and very helpful. The buffet breakfast I'd probably rate as one of the best I have experienced - fresh and extensive. The hotel is a conversion of a late 19th century palace and the internal architecture is quite stunning. However, it is looking so tired and could do with a serious redecoration throughout both public areas and rooms. Another concern is the lack of what I would consider basic features for a 4 star hotel. No coffee/tea making facilities or ironing board in rooms is not acceptable in my view. However, despite minor and easily rectified concerns I would recommend.

Room Tip: Side rooms face the convent next door so good sleep guaranteed!!!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank PaulArm123
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I booked this hotel through Smartbox so I don't know the exact price for the 2 nights we stayed in. However, we had really a great experience. The hotel is located in the very nice Plaza de San Martin, near to Plaza Mayor; it is a central but quiet square, so the location is simply perfect. The building is historical and in particular the stairs are very nice. The breakfast was great and the breakfast staff was really professional. Just a small remark: we were given the room 315 which is spacious and comfortable but a bit dark because of the small window. I didn't bother asking for a different room because of our Smartbox booking and because we were always out during the day. However I'm sure that I could have been given a different solution if I had asked for.

Room Tip: Room 315 is spacious and comfortable but a bit dark because of the small window. I haven't seen other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2015

This is a very recommended hotel, the building was the United States Embassy years ago, the reception had a meticulous service, the rooms are wonderful, also the standard, the location unbeatable. two blocks from the Callao, round Corte Inglés, and Puerta del Sol, many restaurants, night life, but in a quiet nice street, elegant, excellent wifi, and breakfast. And very help concierge . Outstanding quality for four stars.
Excellent relation quality& rate.......You wont be disappointed

Room Tip: If you don t like your room ask for change
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2015

My husband and I needed to make a hotel reservation in Madrid at the last minute and Intur Palacio San Martin came through for us. I stayed here several years ago and the hotel remains consistent with its good service, good breakfast and clean rooms. The hotel is a short walk to Puerta del Sol, the metro stop Opera (one stop away from the Principe Pio mall), Plaza Mayor, Calle del Arenal (shop till you drop), Cortes Ingles, and the list goes on. If ever in Madrid in the future, I will not hesitate to make a reservation here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I stayed here for three nights on my own and felt lucky to have found such a great hotel. The rooms were big and spotless though my first one was really dark with no outside light, the receptionist moved me to a room over looking the terrace, fantastic room. The terrace was lovely to catch the late afternoon sun, and the tapas with your first drink was always welcome and delicious.
The location could not have been better, so close to everything.
Thank you for making my stay so good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with natural light
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo