Just returned from a 4 night stay and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food so this review will comment on the front desk service,room and location only.
Check in/out and other service provided by the front desk was very good. Since their isn't a concierge at the hotel the front desk people were very knowledgeable about the area in terms of tourism and restaurants and more than happy to assist. All their recommendations were good. check in/out was up to standard with no problems.
Location: Absolutely perfect in my opinion. The property is a 20 minute walk to the center of town but the best thing is that it is no more than 30 steps outside the front door to the Metro and Renfe train station as well as a bus stop. Taking the C1 Renfe train from Barajas airport T4 was a breeze and cheap. Hopping on the Piramedes Metro station took us everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel is on a busy street but had double windows that completely soundproofed our room. The location is in a neighborhood type of place so is actually a pleasant reprieve from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Grocery stores and local restaurants in the area were all within a 5 minute walk.
Room: As an IHG Platinum member I was upgraded to a two room suite so will comment on that. Room 105 gave an appearance of a doctor's waiting office as the front room had 8 padded chairs lined up on the walls with a table in the middle. We both had to laugh about this when we first walked in. With a little furniture rearranging we made it look a bit more homey though. The queen sized bed in the separate bedroom was very comfortable and provided good nights of sleep. The bathroom was well stocked with amenities with a marble sink, toilet, bidet and combination tub/shower. TVs all had multi lingual stations as well. The only problem with 105 is that there was a fair amount of noise filtering in from the lobby and bar area on the floor below.
All in all, from we used the hotel for, I would say it is on the top end of Holiday Inn properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of Piramides subway and train station, the hotel is the best option to visit the Habsburg Madrid: 15 minutes walking from the main touristic attractions of the city and close to Vicente Calderón football stadium, Madrid Río and M-30 ring road access. Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides is a three-star hotel with 93 comfortable rooms, wifi, flat TV and complete bathroom, among other facilities. It also has a lobby bar, a pleasant restaurant with international gastronomy, five meeting rooms (with capacity up to 170 attendees) and a bright hall. It is a cozy, comfortable and familiar hotel that stands out for its peaceful atmosphere and its attractive decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides Hotel Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Hotel Madrid