We stayed for 3 nights and were happy with this hotel. The location is good; literally right next to Piramides train and metro station which is helpful for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you can jump on the train (line C-1, terminating at Principe Pio) straight from/to the airport which takes about 35 minutes and costs €2.55 each way, which is simple (can buy tickets from Renfe machines at station/airport). Secondly, the metro can take you pretty much straight into the centre of the city in about 10 minutes. We actually walked into the centre most days and it is about a 20/25 minute walk, although it is mostly uphill all the way (but it does help burn off the tapas and sangria!).
The rooms were fine, fairly standard and clean but we had a good sleep which is the main thing. Decent shower/bath, minibar etc and what you would expect from most 3 star hotels. We had breakfast included and there was a good range of items which were tasty, including a few hot options.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel (excluding breakfast) but the menu looked fine, plus there were some pubs/resturants relatively close to the actual hotel.
Overall, we enjoyed the stay, thought it was good value for money and despite being a little out of the centre the location is actually very good for links to airport/centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of Piramides subway and train station, the hotel is the best option to visit the Habsburg Madrid: 15 minutes walking from the main touristic attractions of the city and close to Vicente Calderón football stadium, Madrid Río and M-30 ring road access. Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides is a three-star hotel with 93 comfortable rooms, wifi, flat TV and complete bathroom, among other facilities. It also has a lobby bar, a pleasant restaurant with international gastronomy, five meeting rooms (with capacity up to 170 attendees) and a bright hall. It is a cozy, comfortable and familiar hotel that stands out for its peaceful atmosphere and its attractive decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides Hotel Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Hotel Madrid