“Amazing location. Spacious rooms. Courteous staff”

Aparthotel Tribunal
Ranked #407 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Loved the place. Great view. 2 min from metro. Right in the centre of the city. Excellent customer service. Major tourist attractions and sat food outlets all around. Highly recommended. I did not even ave to take the metro once since I could walk anywhere. Madrid is a lively city with very hospitable people

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank pakistanitraveller
There are newer reviews for Aparthotel Tribunal

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We didn’t expect much from this budget hostel/hotel when booking as it was very cheap and the other reviews weren’t particularly glowing, however, my friend and I were pleasantly surprised. Located right next to the metro and close to all the nightlife the Aparthotel Tribunal is so close to the action. The downfall is that the rooms are a bit dated but the beds are comfortable and the staff are accommodating. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel if you wanted to spend a lot of time in your hotel but if you only want a bed to sleep in and are planning to spend most of the time taking in the sights of Madrid, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The hotel was very central, close to the Gran Via, metro stop (tribunal) just outside of the hotel which was very handy, we used the metro every day to get around the city.
The hotel itself was very dissapointing, it was very old fashioned and our room had little light and fresh air. The air conditioning did not work and it was too noisey to keep the window open as the city never sleeps, the bin men woke me up one morning at around 5am. The room was clean though and the towels were changed each day.There was renovation work taking place when we stayed which were not previously informed about, every day we had to dodge ladders and paint and step over uneven floors, I actually got paint on a top which I wasnt too happy about. The staff on reception seemed rude but it could have been the difficulty in communication? The workmen worked from 0800 am to late at night, call it our personal alarm clock as they worked just below our room, banging away. There was no bar or cafeteria in the hotel so if you wanted even just a drink of water you had to walk to the nearest shop.
Madrid itself is great, I would recommend going to the Zoo, they have lots of different animals including Panda's and Dolphins, the Dolphin show was good. If I went back to Madrid I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher Floor would be better to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie187069
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Obviously for this price you could expect something of the kind but I think they could freshen up the rooms a bit. The furniture is quite old and what really put me off was the absence of kettle, what you get instead is water heater, which doesn't boil the water. Hah I never even thought something like this existed. Additionally, for some reason they removed the hotplate stirrer, so if you decide to use the hotplates for cooking you'd have to stop by the reception first ... Other than that the house keeping lady cleans cleans the room every day, it's in a very central location with good metro connections and good places to eat. Wi-fi password is provided upon request (free of charge), there's a late check-out (after 12 pm) and the hotel offers luggage storage in case you have a late flight.

Room Tip: Choose inside rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Two things that completely put me off were 1) bad customer service 2) no wifi in the rooms
negatives
1)When I checked-in the room we realized the room did not have A/C on. It was a hot day in mid may and with my 1yr old baby I wanted a room with a working A/C. So, when I inquired they replied that "May is spring time here and A/C does not have to be on. You can look for other hotel." they know with a baby we can't look for another hotel at the lat minute. absolutely regret my stay there
2) they advertise free wifi but its range is limited to the lobby.
3) Rooms are old
4) they charge extra for using stove in the kitchenette
Positives:
location is nice

Overall opinion : never will recommend this place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rut-traveller
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I would put this aparthotel in the category of 'dignity on a budget'. You pay a modest price and you get the best that they can give you for it.
I was actually in a rather large room for myself, with 2 beds, a sofa, two tables, and and isolated kitchenette - with a very functional microwave oven. I wasn't too happy with the mattress, which was too hard for me to sleep on, and I'm not a picky sleeper! I took 2 blankets that were in the room and I put them under my bottom sheet for extra padding and it seemed to be a bit better.
I love, love, love the neighborhood. It's lively, showing the best of Madrid city life (not too hard-core, but not too bland). The metro stop was just meters away, as well as great places to eat every kind of food, for every budget. The area is well-visited by young adults, especially on the weekend, so that's what you can expect and I was luckily on the 'attic floor' - the 5th floor - with windows in the slanted ceiling which kept the noise from the street from entering into my room. Perhaps if one requests and room away from the street, you can also avoid the extra noise.
Too bad you don't have a category of just 'good'.)
There is no bar or cafeteria (though there used to be one) and a tray, with the basic necessities of a continental breakfast, is left in the kitchen every day. The coffee, however, is instant coffee in a packet, which should motivate you to hit the street and experience the multitude of coffee places just a stone's throw away.
Water pressure in the shower is a bit weak (because I'm on the 5th floor?), though it didn't really put me off.
The hotel is used by business people, families, and when I was there, also by college students in groups. This hotel has very large rooms for groups up to 10 and I think that is why it was popular with the groups, but they were very well-behaved and this permitted everyone to enjoy their own space.
Unlike other aparthotels, there is a 24-hour male staff which made me feel safe, as a solo female traveller.
No matter what the minus points of this hotel are, I will be lodging there again, because I felt completely at home.

Room Tip: Choose as high as possible, up from the street or on the opposite side of the street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DZEBORAH
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This aparthotel is located in the middle of the action near Fuencarral and within walking distance to major Madrid's attraction , Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and shopping areas. There are plenty of places around to eat and the subway (tribunal station) is just a block away. The only thing is that it is very old, and the rooms need to be refurnished ASAP, the front desk were very kind, we had an inside rooms, so there were no noise at all and room were cleaned everyday If you do not mind to stay in an old building, but do mind to be closer to action, this is it. Great Price also.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple