“Great location and price”

Aparthotel Tribunal
Ranked #413 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
“Great location and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We arrived in Madrid around 1:30 am and realized our hotel reservation was about an hour away and the subways were about to close. We needed a place for the night, and fortunately this place was steps from the tribunal station and the reception desk was still open. The concierge spoke fluent English and was extremely friendly and helpful not only in getting us a room but telling us the best spots for food, drinks, shopping, etc. Upstairs, our room was very spacious and had a kitchenette, free wi-fi and an extra futon. We could have slept 5 people here easily. The walls are a bit thin so you can hear the neighbors, and the place is clean but not the Ritz. That's all the complaints I can think of, but I'm not one of those travelers that expects to pay pennies for the best of everything so I'll still give it a 5 star for the affordability, service and location. The concierge showed us a very cheap department store around the back on Calle del Barco, and as other reviewers have stated this place is minutes from Puerta del Sol and all kinds of restaurants and nightlife. We unpacked our bags, freshened up and headed out even though it was almost 2 am, because in Madrid people don't seem to go to sleep till 6am or so. Needless to say we cancelled our other reservation and stayed here for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Nice place
Good location - 20 mn from puerta del sol place by a commercial pedestrian street .
Metro tribunal at 1 mn
Excellent Tube access to reach the Good placés of Madrid and other all to reach airports terminal from 1 to 4 In 30/35 mn maximum for 5€. If u planed to spend a days like me (thursday PM to sunday PM ) buy tourist formula. 17€ for 3 days. All tube and bus you sant to take -
Single ticket AirPort/city and the retirnkng is 10€ for one person, so....

• Stayed January 2013
karachi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Loved the place. Great view. 2 min from metro. Right in the centre of the city. Excellent customer service. Major tourist attractions and sat food outlets all around. Highly recommended. I did not even ave to take the metro once since I could walk anywhere. Madrid is a lively city with very hospitable people

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank pakistanitraveller
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We didn’t expect much from this budget hostel/hotel when booking as it was very cheap and the other reviews weren’t particularly glowing, however, my friend and I were pleasantly surprised. Located right next to the metro and close to all the nightlife the Aparthotel Tribunal is so close to the action. The downfall is that the rooms are a bit dated but the beds are comfortable and the staff are accommodating. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel if you wanted to spend a lot of time in your hotel but if you only want a bed to sleep in and are planning to spend most of the time taking in the sights of Madrid, I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The hotel was very central, close to the Gran Via, metro stop (tribunal) just outside of the hotel which was very handy, we used the metro every day to get around the city.
The hotel itself was very dissapointing, it was very old fashioned and our room had little light and fresh air. The air conditioning did not work and it was too noisey to keep the window open as the city never sleeps, the bin men woke me up one morning at around 5am. The room was clean though and the towels were changed each day.There was renovation work taking place when we stayed which were not previously informed about, every day we had to dodge ladders and paint and step over uneven floors, I actually got paint on a top which I wasnt too happy about. The staff on reception seemed rude but it could have been the difficulty in communication? The workmen worked from 0800 am to late at night, call it our personal alarm clock as they worked just below our room, banging away. There was no bar or cafeteria in the hotel so if you wanted even just a drink of water you had to walk to the nearest shop.
Madrid itself is great, I would recommend going to the Zoo, they have lots of different animals including Panda's and Dolphins, the Dolphin show was good. If I went back to Madrid I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher Floor would be better to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katie187069

Travellers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Obviously for this price you could expect something of the kind but I think they could freshen up the rooms a bit. The furniture is quite old and what really put me off was the absence of kettle, what you get instead is water heater, which doesn't boil the water. Hah I never even thought something like this existed. Additionally, for some reason they removed the hotplate stirrer, so if you decide to use the hotplates for cooking you'd have to stop by the reception first ... Other than that the house keeping lady cleans cleans the room every day, it's in a very central location with good metro connections and good places to eat. Wi-fi password is provided upon request (free of charge), there's a late check-out (after 12 pm) and the hotel offers luggage storage in case you have a late flight.

Room Tip: Choose inside rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Two things that completely put me off were 1) bad customer service 2) no wifi in the rooms
negatives
1)When I checked-in the room we realized the room did not have A/C on. It was a hot day in mid may and with my 1yr old baby I wanted a room with a working A/C. So, when I inquired they replied that "May is spring time here and A/C does not have to be on. You can look for other hotel." they know with a baby we can't look for another hotel at the lat minute. absolutely regret my stay there
2) they advertise free wifi but its range is limited to the lobby.
3) Rooms are old
4) they charge extra for using stove in the kitchenette
Positives:
location is nice

Overall opinion : never will recommend this place

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family