We enjoyed 7 days in this wonderful boutique hotel (43 rooms) in late March. Its location on a quiet side street in the centre of Madrid was perfect for our visit.
Our room, 401, was a suite with a sitting area, hidden kitchenette (some complimentary drinks were included), writing table, a huge balcony (unfortunately the weather was such that sitting outside on the chairs was not tempting), large comfortable beds and good lighting. There is a safe in one of the closets and plenty of space for clothes, shoes and bags. The bathroom (bath with shower in it) was large and modern with nice amenities (tissue pack, not box). The only minor improvement we could suggest would be to replace amenities more frequently (twice during our stay for shampoo, and bath salts were not replaced). Wifi is complimentary and worked flawlessly throughout our stay. We had an issue with the hairdryer and were quickly let in to another room to dry hair and by nightfall, the issue in our room had been resolved. The decoration was clean and good quality, making it very comfortable to spend time in the room.
The staff were a credit to the hotel: warm, welcoming and quickly remembered us. Reception staff always had a greeting and more, as well the restaurant staff ensured our breakfasts, lunches and nightcaps were most pleasant. Breakfast is a buffet with a wide choice, with eggs, etc. cooked to order. The cafe menu (lunch and dinner) is restricted but what we tried was tasty. The restaurant was tempting, but in the evenings we were not up to a meal and we were out and about during the day: next time we must try it. Michael (Miguel?) ensured that our nightcaps were always special. We had a 6:00pm pick up from the hotel and a late checkout was not a problem.
The hotel is perfectly located if you wish to enjoy Salamanca and yet still be within easy strolling distance of the museums and more touristic areas in the centre of Madrid. The reception staff gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants in the area and the three we tried were outstanding.
The streets of Salamanca are uplifting: galleries, shops (luxury world brands and Spanish brands), restaurants and even being among the locals strolling. We had not planned major purchases but could not resist shoes, clothing and paintings!
Excellent hotel, great location, superb staff and very good value for money: we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished during August 2013, the hotel VP Jardín de Recoletos is located just a few steps from Retiro Park, Puerta de Alcalá and the National Library. VP Jardín de Recoletos is the perfect choice for a stay in Madrid because of its 43 spacious rooms, its beautiful garden and its excellent location in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jardin de Recoletos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin De Recoletos Hotel Madrid
- Jardin De Recoletos Madrid