“Great Hotel”
Review of Hotel Preciados

Hotel Preciados
Ranked #26 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Good hotel and the breakfast is superb. Only realised there was a free mini bar when on the last mooring of our four day stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,015)

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed here with friends for a long weekend. The hotel was ideally located within walking distance of the
a lot of the main areas, and a short taxi or bus ride from the rest. The hotel was clean, comfortable, attractive,and had a restaurant . The breakfast buffet was extensive, and although we did not eat in the
restaurant, we had a drink outside before we went out in the evening, and a coffee etc when we returned.
The staff were all efficient and friendly and helpful.
The bathrooms were spacious, and the minibar (free) was a godsend when we han forgotten to buy water
for overnight. You can buy tickets for the Madrid bus tour at the desk, and the stop is a few minutes away.
We look forward to coming back to Madrid, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JLJ166
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here on a 4 night city break - chose it thanks to tripadvisor reviews and the free mini bar!

It wasnt the plushest or most comfortable hotel I have stayed in but the central location more than makes up for that

The room was of a good size, the bed very comfortable.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gill S

Hotel Preciados, Madrid

I booked to stay at the Preciados a few months in advance of my city break to Madrid.

Upon arrival, I have to say I was not disappointed. I was welcomed even though I arrived at midday (some hotels get grumpy if you arrived before their 2 or 3 pm curfew).

Soon into my room I first of all tested out the free wifi. It was averaging 7mbps throughout my stay - nice!

The room itself felt modern and the nice double bed was comfortable.

The large flat screen TV had a mix of channels in most of the European languages.

The bathroom was huge - even had a bidet which I haven't seen at a hotel for quite a while. I actually thought they had stopped installing them!

The downside was late in the afternoon there was a nasty drilling noise right up until 6pm. I couldn't determine where it was coming from as it sounded like it was further up the the hotel but nevertheless it was annoying. I also found it annoying that the couple near me decided to have a jacuzzi at 11pm - they were either directly above me or to one of the rooms either side of me. Now the hotel can't stop people doing this, and nor should they, but I shouldn't be able to hear the whir of the tub or what they are doing in it.

In the morning, I took breakfast in the hotel which was included in the room rate. The selection was not as good as my previous Madrid hotel but was nice in taste and everything seemed fresh.

Check out was friendly and the bill was as anticipated.

Overall then a nice place let down only by the noise from my neighbours!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from any rooms with jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank neilyork
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Modern, clean rooms with spacious modern bathroom. Quiet because of the double windows, which is important given the central location that could potentially be noisy. Service was excellent, they went beyond what was expected to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank EJ40418
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had stopped in on Madrid after staying in two fairly small French hotels, so this was like a breath of fresh air.

The hotel has the feel of a 5 star hotel. Cases were brought to our room which was of great relief after carrying them about all day. Rooms were very comfortable, and spacious for a city hotel. Free minibar in the room supplying a decent amount of drinks, and a prime location in the heart of the Madrid. All this for less than 100 Euros, makes this a must-stay hotel when you visit the city.

Only faults were the very small ironing board that was delivered to the room in record time, and the sound of drains coming from the bathroom area which woke me up, but this was only because we had left the bathroom door open overnight.

2  Thank CrookyCymru
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Loved this centrally located hotel...we were also on the 5th floor and rather enjoyed our balcony in lieu of a bit of a bigger room...personal preferences is all. Clean rooms with amazing technology. Just shut the windows, doors to patio, bathroom skylight (optional to open or not) and and your room is essentially soundproof. Last reviewer mentioned lack of A/C...I was there the exact same days and the high of 70 with lows in the 40's made A/C seem not to be needed and I suspect they had it shut off for the season. Anyway, the highlight was the staff especially Eva from Segovia. My wife and I took the AVE train to Segovia for a day trip on Saturday 11/12...really worth it. Anyway we bought 4 beautifly hand painted glass plates in Segovia. Spoke with the artist who showed us her studio, kiln and home. Carried the plates around all day, but, upon arring back in Madrid I dropped them and 2/4 of the glass plates broke. In the AM I asked Eva to call the store (closed.but the artist had her cell number on the store card)...Eva called...the artist would give us similiar plates but we would have to go and get them..we were leaving the next day and couldn't go. Eva was going to visit her family that day (pure serendipity), got the plates for us and gave them to her aunt who was going to MAdrid Sunday evening and dropped them at the hotel for us AMAZING...now..in many years of traveling I have NEVER had someone go out of their way for a stanger like this...kudos to Eva ((Management...you should give her raise and an employee of the month award). All in all great place to stay and their on site Gallecian food resturant is worth a dinner in this city filled with fabulous eateries!

Room Tip: we loved the 5th floor becuase we had a small balcony...see last review...just personal prefeence
3  Thank fredruth