“Excellent nice staff, reasonable price, free WI FI. Good central location:)”
Review of Hotel Preciados

Hotel Preciados
Ranked #22 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. If we come back to Madrid will definately stay here:)

• Stayed: April 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (3,984)

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I spent 7 nights at Preciados Hotel in April.

I stayed in a Single room. The furniture was not set up in a practical way so as to maximize the space and it was quite annoying. The bed was big and comfortable with good A/C and free mini-bar but they won’t tell you about it when you check in. . If you’re a woman with long nails, you won’t be able to open the bar that seems to be bolted shut. Wifi connection was good with my netbook and smartphone. Location is good on a pedestrian street which is my preference.

When I was escorted to my room, I noticed that there was no place to set my suitcase. I asked the hotel porter who told me that’s how it is. I found that to be unacceptable and called reception trying to explain what it was that I needed. A foldable suitcase rack was brought up immediately.

Extra pillow and blanket are stored in the bottom of the closet but not in a protective bag, just lying there so I wasn’t inclined to make use of them. The room and hotel need renovation. The dried up Air-wick in the bathroom was a turn off. Also, the hotel gets quite noisy.

Room service: I got a bad cold during my stay and wanted a hot tea before bed. It took me 5 minutes to order; I had to speak to two different staff members until they understood that I wanted tea. It was brought up very quickly but I could hear the waiter sighing in aggravation at the door. The next morning, he had the same demeanor and didn’t greet me.

That same morning, I was quite unwell in the bathroom and had the Do Not Disturb sign hanging from the doorknob when the cleaning lady started knocking on my door and rambling on in Spanish. I just yelled back “no”, “later”. It took 30 seconds before reception called me asking if I wanted my room cleaned that day. I had to say when I’d be out of the room.

I had breakfast on my last morning. It was a good spread but too expensive if not included in your hotel price.

In general, I found reception staff to be helpful and “friendly” only if you asked for something. I was welcomed in a big rush and was asked to pay part of my cost in advance which has never happened before. Noone besides the doorman said hello or good-bye; reception never addressed me unless I did so their “friendliness” didn’t feel genuine.

I was left unimpressed and disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Katherine B
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of cleaning, location and wi fi .I am very sorry to read of the difficulties your experienced with the minibar and yours nails. I' m sorry the other question but we can not agree with your opinion because you spent every day about 30 minutes in recepcion asking news addresses or the same street with differents staff and you know that the housekeeper was finally the service at 07.00 p.m. and you were waiting until the last time and we had to make a phone call . And your rooms was a single room with a very low rate I hope you can give us another chance and we can accommodate you again on your next visit to Madrid.

Best regards

Javier Calle

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Great location - easy walk to everything you want to see in Madrid. Lovely, helpful staff. Comfortable room - small, but perfect for those out all day catching the sights. Reasonably priced, as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great front of house / reception team. Always helpful and take their time with any query.

• Stayed: April 2012
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest.
Truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations. Thank you also for the nice comments about the hotel staff. I will share the comments with them.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future,

Yours sincerely,

Javier Calle

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Breakfast buffet was great, a very good choice across four different stations. We didn't have dinner or room service there, so I cannot comment on the other food, but the menu looked good.

Room was a good size, the free minibar is a bonus, as is free WiFi.

The only slight downside was the noise from the plumbing when toilets in adjacent and higher rooms were flushed, it was very loud! Perhaps we were just unlucky in the room we were in (fourth floor).

We had requested a room with a street facing balcony and this was honoured.

Reception staff were helpful with requests for information, providing us with a map and writing on it where the key things we might be interested in are situated. They also accommodated our request to leave our luggage on checkout as we were flying later in the day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

i selected this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews and was very pleased. Rooms are small but bathrooms are large. Staff was friendly and seemed to cope well with my very limited Spanish. There seemed to always be someone on the desk who spoke English. The hotel is located withing walking distance to major attractions. The restaurant located in the hotel is very good and would be able to stand on its own, the fact that it is attached to the hotel is a bonus. The breakfast is outstanding. I have already recommended this hotel to my friends going to Madrid later this year.

Room Tip: Go for the largest room you can afford. Sleeping quarters are on the small size, bathrooms seem to b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MCM975
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was such a great gem in the best location! You can pretty much walk anywhere you want from this hotel. Free mini bar was such a money saver for drinks. They provide juice, sodas, bottled water, and beer. They will ask what you prefer and refill it everyday. They will make reservations for you, the restaurant is great too. Will definately go back! The only negative comment is they beds are quite firm. But if you like that then it isn't a problem.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple