“Great hotel, great location.”
Review of Hotel Preciados

Hotel Preciados
Ranked #21 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a lovely, boutique hotel. Rooms are very comfortable, great bathroom and they provide bottled water and juice in your room at no charge. The staff is attentive and efficient. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jodib452

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the Preciados in Aug 2014 and were very pleased. Staff was very accomodating and helpful especially housekeeping. One complaint was that the front desk did not explain that the key card needed to be in wall when you enter room to turn on the lights...I struggled for a while before calling but when I did the housekeeper came so quickly. Needed phone and safe fixed while there and maintenance came up immediately and were so nice.
Great perk is that water, juice, soda and beer are free in your mini fridge! Such a pleasure.
Room was small but clean and very comfortable. side room was very quiet. Wifi good and a/c.
The location is excellent for walking to most everything but we also took the double decker bus to tour the city so we can hop on and off and this was a great idea due to the heat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 333Joanne
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The location is excellent - inbetween two Metro stops, close to shops and restaurants in a pedestrian zone, walking distance of the Royal Palace and almost everywhere else as well. The room was very comfortable with a free mini bar. Two small balconies with double doors to each, so absolutely no noise, and electric shutters so no morning sunlight. The staff all understood English and were very helpful. The food in the restaurant wasn't as good as we'd been led to believe, but still very nice and handy to have when you arrive late. Buffet breakfast was extensive. We loved every minute here!

Room Tip: The doors in our room were doubled up, so there was absolutely no noise. I'm sure the other roo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trangmard
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location is really excellent! The hotel is nearby good restaurants and 15 minutes walking from Prado and Reina Sofia Museums
The staff is so gentle, kind and serious.
The room is clean and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Preciados at the end of July of '14. Everything about the hotel was as good as
it had been on two earlier visits. The staff were unfailingly courteous,
happy to go the extra mile. The staff at reception and the consierge were particularly helpful.
Our room was modern, beds excellent, the bathroom clean with a great shower (big rose). The room was a touch small but this was made up for with a big wardrobe/cupboard. Location perfect -
on a walking street in the middle of the city. We watched an artist working in a window across the
street, wonderful.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms would be sunny and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When I arrived I felt the room was cramped, but well located. Speakers in the bathroom are a nice touch. Where I was really let down was on check out. I asked for a wake up call and taxi booking, I was promised that this was ok. Didnt get a call and then when I arrived downstairs the taxi had left. Apparently they dont have the ability to call each room. Poor. Could have missed my flight if I wasnt prepared. Staff had no sense of urgency and werent exactly friendly the entire stay. Free wifi was a bonus, but due to the cramped room and mistake at the end I wont return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank simon a
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Preciados for 3 nights on our trip to Madrid in September of '13. The Central location was great, not more than 15 minutes from the airport and right in the middle of all that's happening in the city. Service was very friendly, the staff at the front desk were great about giving us restaurant recommendations and over all tips about transportation. It's very close to more than one subway line which is great.

The room itself was spacious and modern, with a very comfortable king bed and heavy shutters that will block out all light...so much so that we accidentally slept in way too late one of our days there, so be careful about that! It's walkable distance from plenty of nice places to eat and we felt safe and comfortable every evening we walked back late at night.

For the price and location, it was a wonderful stay and I'd consider it again if I find myself back in Madrid!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple