“Good rooms”
Review of Nuria Hotel

Nuria Hotel
Ranked #380 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I visited in February with my uni and was so so surprised. We had a room for four with 3 singles and one double bed, it was a really good size. It is in a good central location to the city and wasn't too expensive either. It is basic but it is clean. I stayed in the building on the right which i am very glad about as it is the better side!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 33ilovetravel

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel is in the heart of madrid ive stayed 10 times in the last five years.the rooms are spotless cleaned everyday which for a 2 star is brill.dont have a go at staff because your ignorant or cant be bothered to learn spanish not everyone should pander to us , youre in spain learn some it goes a long long way if you do .hats off to nuria ive loved it everytime.phil masons sheffield

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank pblades1966
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon through Portugal and Spain, picking this place over the Intercontinental largely because of the price.Spacious guest rooms, exquisite furnishings,, wood paneled corridors. The hotel has a unique atmosphere and is very centrally located.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kalski123
Reviewed 13 May 2012

If you're expecting a hotel, I get why you're disappointed. It's a hostel, and not a bad one of it's kind.
There are 2 buildings, the right one definitely more modern, and hotel like, the left one is old and a hostel, this is the one where the restaurant is located.

We were three guys who shared the smallest room in the entire hostel, and it wasn't bad at all! - Granted, the shower was small, but supplied hot water! The toilet was in the hall, and it's really not that bad when there is a lock on it. We had a bidet in the room though.

All rooms come equipped with a TV, which was quite a surprise to me.

The location is incredibly central. It is in the middle of the gay district of Madrid, which is very visible when you walk around. Close to several metro stations and bus stops.

Don't eat the food in the hotel restaurant, it's really not that nutritious, and very dull. It's not poisonous though. There is a Starbucks and a Dunkin' Donuts 30 meters away, eat there instead if you please...at least breakfast.

There is a lot of street noise, but not any that kept me from sleeping like a rock!

The reception does not speak English, but if you're just a little bit friendly and interested, and learn to say your room number in Spanish, they are incredibly friendly and helpful!

The cleaning is really good! They actually make your beds every day, despite it being a hostel and not a hotel. They give you fresh towels, and the cleaning personel event went as far as to fold my clothes that was on the bed, one day!

The hostel is really not as bad as it is being portrayed in these reviews. It's a hostel, so don't expect much, but don't discard it completely, it's cheap and really good value for money!

Room Tip: Get a room in the right building of the hostel, they are more modern, and all have toilets. Corner...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank EmilPetersson
Reviewed 5 January 2012

After reading all the reviews I was a little skeptical about the place.
I went with my school and found it very nice.
The people were nice and the service was good.
Breakfast wasn't great so my friends and I ate at Starbucks at only (literally) 10 meters away.
It is easily accessible by bus, only 10 minutes away from the bus stop.
The rooms were clean, and the bathroom was too.
We got EXCELLENT value for money.
Sleep quality was fine, we didn't have trouble getting to sleep even if we were on the side of city.
The location was amazing. Shops and food at only 1 or 2 minutes away!
It was perfect for teenagers!
It is also a very safe area.. except for pick pockets, you just have to be careful!
You should really come here-!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Letty R
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The hotel is the absolute worst experience i have ever had in a hotel. I do not know where to begin.

The breakfast was a lousy sucker bread. was there on a school trip and must say it is not a very nutritious meal when you have to walk all day... We all ate breakfast another place... there was mold in our room, and there is noise all the time. we barley got any sleep.

There is a little bath in some of the rooms, but NO TOILETS!! very very bad... We had a bath but no toilet?? I still wonder why....
People in the reception only speaks Spanish.
There was air con in our room. but guess what.. It did not work.

the only plus is that it is close to the metro and to center of the city...

horrible horrible experience... I would never go back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bbl11
Reviewed 27 March 2011

In 5 days we've found:
a sticking plaster in the steak; hairs in nearly all the meals; dried snot on the pillow; dirty pants in the room (I'm not going to tell what that "dirt" was...); dirty bathtub.

And when I asked if I could have my dirty pillow changed, they told me that they didn't want to and to go away.

The only good thing is the position, as it's in the centre of Madrid. But all the rest is awful. The food was often uneatable. Thank god there are many bars and a Starbucks near there, so you don't die of starvation.

• Stayed: March 2011