“Entertaining night out”

Flamenco Show with Dinner and Workshop in Madrid
Ranked #9 of 163 Concerts & Shows in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Taberna Flamenca el Cortijo is perfect for a cultural night out. At only 15 minutes from the heart of Madrid, its typical Andalusian ambiance transports its guests to a romantic Spain where the sun always shines and where gypsies dance in colourful dresses to the rythms of the flamenco guitar. El Cortijo welcomes both locals and visitors to Madrid. Watch our top class flamenco show while dining on traditional Spanish dishes made with the freshest ingredients, washed down with the finest Spanish wines and beers.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our party enjoyed the flamenco, Spanish guitar, and wonderful ambiance. Definitely worth the visit late night.

1  Thank dannpalmer
"audience"
"stage"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I took my wife for a surprise 25th anniversary evening and we weren't disappointed. I'd booked with Melody well in advance and she sent a map (which was crucial). We arrived on time and had a short wait and seeing as everyone arrived at the same time the service took a while to get going. However, before too long we were enjoying decent food (all veggy as requested) and nice wine.
Then the show began. All the performers were amazing. Impassioned, authentic guitar and vocals and energetic elegant dancing. We loved it and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening for just 20 euro's each. We also appreciated Melody remembering our occasion and toasting us onstage. Go, you won't be disappointed :)

2  Thank dosjamon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I was welcomed there on the 12th of October. The hostess (which was also the Flamenco dancer) and the Rabo De Toro made us feel right at home. The atmosphere was perfect for the performance as well as the conversation. BOTH dancers, danced gracefully and the young guitarist played as if he was birthed by his mother playing the exact same guitar. It was an inexpensive (about 40 euros for 2) yet priceless experience that must be had if you ever set foot in Madrid. For myself and my wife, Needless to say WE WILL TRAVEL BACK TO SPAIN JUST FOR THIS EXPERIENCE AGAIN!

2  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was recommended by a bar man & was great. It wasn't cheap I guess but it was worth it from my perspective. I think the female star of the show was off colour as she didn't dance much. The musicians were simply great though.
It included. Break where you could get a drink & visit the bathroom.

1  Thank Celero9632
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We took the train here and took us a while to find Taberna Flamenca restaurant. I feel somehow unsafe to walk into the lanes from the main road. This is located at the end of the street and its name is Cortijo de Bayron, a bar restaurant. You need to walk down the stairs inside the bar where the dinner / dance will be. I have posted the photo.
We arrived 30mins early and won't allowed to be seated inside. Time passed 9.30pm start and still no signal of showing people who were waiting in. It was nearly 11pm by the time we had the 3 course basic meal of ?20 each and the performance starting.
The performance was not put up by professional dancers. It's more like a local dance performance as I would rate it. It's reasonable for the money you pay. I would say it's a great local experience but don't raise your expectation.

2  Thank TravelSmug