Drinks & Bites in Madrid Private Tour

Book in advance
from
£95.08
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mercado de Anton Martin
from £95.08
from £74.58
from £30.53
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

Just when you think you discovered the entire neighborhood around metro station Chueca, with his nice and cosy small streets, you bump into the Mercado de Anton Martin. This brand new food market is amazing.

You can visit this easily I’ve you want to buy some local specialties or I’ve you want to have lunch or dinner. The food market has a bar/restaurant on top, but this is not accessible by the stairs that access you into the food market, you need to take the elevator from the ground floor.

The food market has a great choice of food that you can eat at the market, bus has also a diversity on shops were you can buy food and drinks.

You need to visit this market when you visit Madrid. And try the roof top terrace on a sunny afternoon for a great cocktail in an easy going atmosphere.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank kennyv2016
Reviewed 22 June 2019

Mercado de Anton Martin is a really good Market and quite handy too. Madrid has several of these, but this one is not as expensive as some others and the goodies on offer are also very fresh and reasonably priced. You can eat in or take away to enjoy elsewhere. The Market is about 15 minutes from Atocha station and about 10 minutes from the Prado and the Thyssen Museums and only half that time from the Reina-Sofia museum. It's also close to other sights. The Anton Martin Metro station is only a few steps away. But you need to be careful with your timing as many stalls close early, so it is best to visit very early in the day. Worth a visit!

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Dimitris L
Reviewed 26 May 2019

It isn't fair to compare this market to Mercado de San Miguel as this one is aimed more for locals. Lots of vendors to supply your kitchen but not enough food stands to make this a destination in my opinion. I didn't expect that some would be closed at dinner time. I wound up eating at another location.

6  Thank A9147DAricks
Reviewed 15 May 2019

There is a supermarket on the lowest floor, an outside bar on the roof, and two floors of market with multiple stalls / vendors showing the food products.
You have to go to believe, and enjoy the expansive variety of foods being offerred.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

It is a market I specifically sought out. We arrived around 3pm on Sunday and I think this was a major error as a lot of meat and produce shops had already closed. I'm still not used to Spain schedule!

We had some drinks as a lot of food stalls were still open. One Ramen place even had vegan options. Overall, I missed out because a lot of shops had already closed. I wish there was a way to include opening times for the vast majority of shops.