“Beatiful hotel, great location!”
Review of Hotel Francisco I

Hotel Francisco I
Ranked #67 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The hotel was exactly what we're looking for! 2 minutes from main metro station "sol", close to lots of restaurants and cofee shops, staylish rooms (they only have mobile a/c - does the job but a bit noisy), nice breakfasts...I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I have been a few times in Madrid. For this trip we were three in the same room. First, the room for three was surprisingly spacious for european standards. It had a very large bathroom and was very clean. No problems with water pressure nor temperature. The matress was very decent and comfortable. Staff was courteous, Location was perfect, near two centrally located metro stations and many touristic attractions. Eating is not a problem in Madrid, but the complentary continental breakfast was sure appreciated. You also have many options if you want to go to the airport depending on your budget, luggage and which terminal you wish to go; there is the metro, the Renfe "light train" station in Sol and, of course, the taxi. Desk employees are very helpful. I sure recommend the triple bed room for any small family who wants to enjoy Madrid for a couple of days for the first time.

Room Tip: Rooms that offer view on Arenal St are surely less quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel just renovated.The room is very new , clean and big. Nice view from Calle Arenal. Great location with 24 hrs minimart just 3 minutes away. Except they dont have an elevator from the reception floor but the staffs will kindly help you anyway.
Worth every cents you spent.

1  Thank YTravelle
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is at the heart of Madrid only a few blocks from Plaza del Sol. The proximity to two important metro stops (Sol & Opera) gives Hotel Francisco I great access to any place a tourist would want to go. The folks managing the desk are very helpful and know the city very well. The rooms are very contemporary and have nice bathrooms. When I stayed here the air conditioning was not operating but Madrid is comfortable without AC in September. For some reason the matress pad is some kind of vinyl cloth mix. I woke up sweaty. I enjoyed the breakfast it was not too big or small and kept me satisfied till mid afternoon. Stay here if you want to feel the pulse of the city.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

After our driver from the airport asked us why we chose this hotel I became a little worried that he knew something that I didn't. This feeling of dread didn't last long, as I saw how centrally located this hotel is to many, many sites. The staff were cordial, and the bellhop insisted he carry our luggage up two different flights of stairs to the elevator.

The room: This hotel has recently been remodeled (some rooms were still being worked on), and while some of the finishes were on the cheap side, they overall did a very nice job. The room and bathroom were very clean and modern. The room itself was a little on the small side, but hey, when in Rome. The bathroom was a nice size, and the water pressure and temperature were never an issue. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and had a balcony that was big enough to stand on.

The location: Couldn't beat it! Teatro Real, Palacio Real, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, shopping, restaurants and more all very close by. Madrid is an incredibly walkable city, and around every corner is another beautiful scene. The museums are a bit far, but there are two metro stops very close by.

One gripe: While the room did have an air conditioning unit (we would have died without it!), there was a tube that led out onto the balcony and this left us unable to close the door at night. There just so happens to be a very popular nightclub a block down the street, and without fail at 2 to 3 in the morning the rowdy crowd would make quite a ruckus. Luckily we were exhausted every night and it didn't bother us too terribly much, but if you are a light sleeper be aware of this. It might be a deal breaker for you.

Pro: There are many, I'd recommend this place highly. Bonus: They carry cerveza Mahou in the vending machine!

Room Tip: Don't get a street room if you are a light sleeper. It gets very loud around 2 when the clubs le...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ms_tiffa
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We booked this hotel based on it's location close to the middle of town and we could believe how great the rooms were. There was 2 couples travelling and both rooms were fantastic. The rooms were newly renovated and whilst there was still some work to be finished (dining room etc) but it didn't take away from the hotel. We loved being able to open the big doors out over looking the street, watching the people walk past. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Madrid
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very nice hotel. Big room and bathroom. Clean. Very good service.
.......................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com