“Excellent”
Review of Gran Melia Fenix

Gran Melia Fenix
Ranked #35 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 31 March 2013

An excellent hotel. I stayed at the Red Level which was very impressive in terms of the level of service, complimentary tapas and drinks (including champagne) and facilities.

Staff were very impressive: excellent English, efficient, friendly. Very good transfer service from and to the airport. The room (with terrace) was very, very good - high quality, well organised and well serviced. Food was excellent.

A very good location, approximately 10 minutes walk from Gran Vila, yet quiet and safe.

Room Tip: Red level adds great value and quality
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncan C
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at the Gran Meliá Fénix.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you have enjoyed our Red Level and that our service met your expectations. I will share your kind words with the entire team who will be very glad to know that they have made your stay unforgettable.

Thank you once again and we hope you come to visit us again soon.

Best Regards,

Sandra Hernández

There are newer reviews for Gran Melia Fenix

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The hotel has character, is clean and well located. Here is what you need to know before ever so thoughtfully choose a room. As we know, European hotel rooms for the most part are on the small side. Instead of crossing my fingers and hoping we’d get a good room, I took the plunge and paid for a Supreme Room. If you read the description off the Melia.com website, this sounds like the room you’d want to be in for five nights. Fellow travelers, save yourself the nightly Supreme room charge and opt for the Premium Room. I went down to the front desk, Tablet in hand, and spoke with the manger. I showed him the photo and the room description off the hotel’s website and nicely explained that our room didn’t look anything like the picture. He educated me that the only difference between a Premium and Supreme is which street it faces. Honestly, this was more than a bit misleading. We by no means had an “Ample and luminous guest room with magnificent views of the center of Madrid”, as stated on the Melia.com website. There was nothing “Supreme” about our room and we had only one window that faced the large and well trafficked street Paseo dela Castellana. As other writers have expressed, I wouldn’t stay at this property again. There are so many options in Madrid, but if you’re set on this hotel, please consider what I have written when choosing your room.

5  Thank Phillytravler1

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Madrid.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Gran Melia Fenix, and we are terribly sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as we wished due to the size of the room. I will be very glad if the next time that you come to Madrid, you may contact me, therefore we will give you the room that best suits your needs.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Gran Meliá Fénix.

With best regards,

Sandra Hernández

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed five night in March and found all the staff we met both helpful and friendly. We never had to wait for attention and they always gave the impression that they wanted to be helpful.
All the decor and furnishings were in excellant order with no evidence of faded grandeur. Our room was of a good size. I can understand the moans about the bathrooms but as long as only one person used them at a time they are fine and well equipped.
The fresh fruit at breakfast was a highlight of every day. Try it on the first morning and I can't believe you won't return on the second.
The restuarante is also a gem and worth seeking out.

Room Tip: The soundproofing was excellent so don't worry about traffic noise

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for having chosen the Gran Melia Fenix for your stay the last month.

We are delighted to know that we exceed your expectations both with the product and service that we extend throughout the Hotel.
I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and they were very happy to know that our effort are highly appreciated by our guests.

We hope to see you soon in Madrid and welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed there because of the central location and its storied past. The hotel and it's wonderful staff did not disappoint. Great check in with very attentive bellmen. Everyone was always ready to help, answer a question or offer an umbrella when needed.
Great shopping area and beautiful view of Plaza Colon. Room, while not very large, was comfortable, excellent bedding and clean. An elegant choice I'm glad I made.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Gran Melia Fenix. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and I will certainly share this with the rest of the team that will be encouraged by your remarks.

Our appreciation again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2013

The hotel has all the makings of a great hotel but during our 3 night stay it missed in so many ways. First let me start off with the good. The staff was lovely, the location superb. Now onto everything else...the rooms were awkward in design. The bathrooms were small and crammed. The wifi was awful...very slow and kept dropping (although was free...I guess you get what you pay for), the hotel itself felt a bit dated and not in the classic sense. The hotel breakfast was beautiful looking, but not tasting (we ended up going out on other mornings as to not experience it again). Because ofnthis experience, next time in Madrid we will opt for another hotel. There are plenty of other choices in this great city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank westendaven
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Gran Melia Fenix. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

On the other hand, regarding your comments about the size of the bathroom, let me inform you that we are located in an historical building and we cannot change the structure of the bathrooms as much as we would like to. However, we will take in account your comments, for your future stays in the Hotel that best fit your needs.
Once again, I would like to thank you for share your comments about your stay with us, which help us to improve our day-to-day customer service.

We would appreciate, that next time you come to Madrid, you will contact us by email therefore, we will provide you with the best of our attention and recover your trust in us.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a great stay at the Gran Melia Howel during a recent trip to Madrid. The location was ideal - walkable to many subway lines, the "Golden triad" of museums and a lot of great shopping. The rooms were quite large and well-decorated. The service at this hotel was top-notch - from the housekeeping twice daily to the doorman to the concierge. Everyone was extremely gracious and helpful and humoured my broken Spanish. We would defi.nitely come back.

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your last stay in Madrid, as well as for taking the time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that your stay with us became an unforgettable experience. Please, be assured that I have passed your constructive and kind comments to all the team, who feel proud because our principal aim is give our guest the best service .

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Gran Meliá Fénix the next visit to Madrid, I take this occasion to send you a cordial greeting.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Very comfortable, quiet room, very convenient to different metro lines (right int he middle), which makes it easier to move about Madrid. Nice semi-residential area. Good restaurant, very nice outside seating area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you in the name of all the Gran Melia Fenix staff for your feedback.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you had a nice stay in our hotel and that our hospitality reached your expectations.

Once again thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Madrid and for your feedback, we really appreciate that.

We hope to see you soon in Madrid and welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards,