“Great price for the location!”
Review of Hostal Armesto

Hostal Armesto
Ranked #290 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was pleasantly suprised with how comfortable the Hostal Armesto was! The location is great and quiet, considering it is only blocks from all of the action. The room was clean and provided everything that we needed (shower, hairdryer, TV, safe, A/C and comfy beds). I will definitely be staying at the Armesto during my next stay in Madrid. Honestly, the value is unbeatable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostal Armesto

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This hostal is in an excellent location, 15-minutes' walk from Atocha station and close to lots of cafes and restaurants. There's a supermarket at the end of the street. It's in a good area. The hostal is secure. Rooms on the front can be a bit noisy; better to get one on the back. The manager is very nice and helpful, The rooms are simple and clean. The price is very reasonable. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 105 is a good one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MVC499
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I went to Madrid on a short break and this little place was perfect. Rooms are a little dated but they are clean and comfortable, with hair dryer and towels - everything you needed! The man on reception didn't speak any English but we seemed to communicate ok and he even gave me a very useful map which came in very handy. Its in a great location and is still quiet on a night. Its a short walk to some lovely restaurants and tourist attractions - the hop on hop off bus is a must!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The rooms are clean, with everything we needed and more than I would have expected to find given the price. Flat screen TV, little balcony overlooking the street, plenty of towels, hairdryer, soap etc. Lovely and warm too.

Don't let the entrance hallway from the street fool you, when you enter the Hostal there's a cosy warm communal space, with a little seating space and free wifi. We had the room right off from the reception, I was little concerned that we might here the radio or coming and going. But heard nothing with the door shut and a very good bites sleep.

The location is spot on, central but just far enough away from crowds. It also give you the chance to explore less touristic places. We found a great restaurant, just across the road to the right when you exit the Hostal.

I would recommend & stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niki9880
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had been advised to ask for a room overlooking the garden. It was always peaceful and quiet, with birds chirping (although occasional inexplicable rumbling from the floor above). We came and went for four days as if it was our own house and never saw anyone else, except the manager who kindly checked us in. The location can't be beat if you are doing the art musuems and enjoy the more peaceful restaurants on Calle Huertas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheodorArnason
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was going to Madrid on business and needed a place to stay for 2 nights. I arrived earlier than expected but the chap on reception was really friendly and showed me straight to my room. The room was basic and the bathroom was so tiny that when you sat on the loo your knees practically touched the opposite wall but it was spotlessly clean. As I only planned to sleep there it was perfect for me. Unfortunately I was ill on the Thursday and couldn't leave the room. Surprisingly being confined to the room didn't drive me insane. The tv was adequate and the room was weirdly cosy in it's own way. I had the best 2 nights sleep in a long time! Oh and the shower pressure was great! The man on reception (who I presume is the manager as I never saw any other members of staff) was absolutely lovely. The hotel is in a great location with just a short walk to the Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen-Bornemisza museums, the Parque del Retiro, and the Plaza Puerta del Sol. There is a Gama mini-mart on the same street, but I used the Vips round the corner more. The Banco de Espana metro stop is about a 5-10min walk away.

Room Tip: I would always recommend to have a room with a window, just in case of an emergency. The window in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed here with a couple of my friends and we all enjoyed it. The staff were very nice, the room was basic, but adequate. All the positive reviews that I read on Trip Advisor were true.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends