“Unique boutique”

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #75 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good location near Plaza Mayor. Very attentive and friendly staff, nice room, comfortable bed. Restaurant/bar appeared very popular with locals. Food was delicious, tapas and pinchos. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the comfortable room, helpful Staff ...

Thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Amparo Vaño

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I were recently in Madrid, and after looking around for a good place to eat in downtown, we stumbled upon this place. it is not only a really cool building/hotel - it has a great restaurant!
Let me tell you - we loved the glass floor over the roman ruins, and the staff was great. The food was fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at La Antoñita by La Posada del Dragón
Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Your kind words make what we do, day in and day out, all the more rewarding.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return to Madrid

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had supper here and it was very good indeed. It is a lovely restaurant with very attentive staff.
The food was excellent especially the croquettes and the squid.
This was not cheap eats but it was a very pleasurable dining experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your dinner at La Antoñita in La Posada del Dragón I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us and you loved the food.
I am also pleased that you found the staff attentive we will pass on your comments to them

We are looking forward to see you here soon!
Warm regards

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Booked this for a weekend break with another couple to celebrate my husbands birthday -we all loved the modern boutique style quirky rooms with fabulous fixtures and fittings, inside the charming old building!
Reception was very efficient and tried their best to get our rooms ready earlier than official check-In time of 2pm because our early flight meant we got there in a taxi at 11.30am, so decided to try the breakfast which was great-buffet style for 12 euros if you feel hungry or drinks and a choice of pastries or tortilla for around 5 euros if not. In fact we decided to sample the buffet option on day 2 which did not disappoint! Everything you could ask from cereals, fruit, meats/cheese and fresh bread, juices, tea/coffee to order and even eggs and bacon or mushroom omelette if you so desired. Yummy!
Our friends room couldn't be ready early as the previous guest had "broken the shower" but they kept us informed as they tried to fix the problem efficiently and even offered a free round of drinks while we waited. (In addition to our welcome drink -we chose a glass of cava but you could have beer , sangria or wine instead!)
Overall a fabulous place and we would not hesitate to book again in a heartbeat if we were visiting Madrid again. Well done and enhorabuena to all the staff! Muchas Gracias!

Room Tip: Go for balcony room if you want external windows with fresh air and ask for top floor (3rd) to escap...
2  Thank Silvernoggin

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I was very happy to hear that you found our breakfast very yummy

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Location is very good - close to San Miguel and Plaza Mayor. Nearest metro station is only 5 minutes walk. Good value for money. The hotel also offer nice tapas and dessert although it is a bit pricy. Hotel room is clean and functional. The memory foam bed is huge and very comfortable.
Drawbacks:
Need better sound proof, it is very noisy in the early morning especially when the doors are banging close. Week wifi signal in the room. DON'T LET HOTEL ORDER THE TAXI FOR YOU, IT TOOK THEM HALF AN HOUR TO ARRIVE AND COST MORE.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Xqu006
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón

I was very happy to hear that you found the location perfect. We appreciate your comment regarding the taxi we will pass the comment on to them, it helps us to improve.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you soon at la Posada del Dragón

Amparo VAno

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Posada Del Dragon. This hotel is located in the nightlife area of La Latina. The hotel is actually more like a bar/restaurant than a traditional hotel. The room we had was really nicely designed and impeccably clean. We ate at the restaurant which was great and also had a drink at the bar. My only issue was noise. We stayed over a weekend, and had a room on the first floor facing onto the street, which was very noisy until early morning. I suspect during the week it would be less so. There are rooms on higher floors and further towards the back of the hotel, and I suspect these would be less noisy so I'd recommend them if this might be an issue for you. The staff were friendly although they often appeared very busy and struggled to serve us as they were handling both the bar and the hotel reception. The location was great for all the sights and there is a convenient metro station nearby. If we had a quieter room I would have given this hotel 5 stars. I'd recommend it if you want a designer hotel in the heart of Madrid's nightlife and tapas district.

Room Tip: Get one towards the rear to avoid noise from Cava Baja
1  Thank Ginger_Ninja_888

Dear Ginger
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón Hotel
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the rooms
Please do come and visit us again soon. I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Located in the heart of La Latina, the hotel is a short walk to the metro and Plaza Mayor. Walk outside and you are on Cava Baja, where you can find many a tapas bar to eat, drink and mingle with locals. The hotel also has an excellent restaurant which can get very busy. Never fear, the rooms are very well sound-proofed and we didn't have any problems sleeping. The rooms are smallish, but utilise the space very well. They are also very modern. Rooms contain all the essentials: safe, hairdryer, perfect Wi-Fi & a wonderful shower. However, no tea & coffee available in rooms. The highlight is the breakfast: fresh croissants & pastries, fruit, the best natural yoghurt I've ever tasted, juice, breads, cold meats, patata omelette & fresh coffee. The staff are helpful & accommodating without being overbearing. Nicolas, was particularly helpful when checking in & out. The hotel is also very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at La Posada del Dragon Hotel.
I was delighted that you enjoyed all the smaller details we take pride in offering our guests. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.
We hope to see you soon !!!
My kindest regards,