Posada del Dragon
  • Room Service
Hostal Rubio(Madrid)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscava bajabalcony roomtapasplaza mayorwelcome drinkla latina metro stationgreat locationglass floorboutique hotelbars and restaurantsmemory foamrestaurant downstairsthe ground floorrooms are smallfood marketshower and toiletcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I spent a weekend in Madrid with a friend. Since we were on a student budget, we shared a double room at Posada del Dragon. The hotel location is great, in one of the city's liveliest neighborhoods. It's a 5-minute walk from the Latina metro stop, and a few steps away from cool bars, restaurants, and the marvelous Mercado San Miguel. The staff was professional and made us feel welcome. My main complaint is about the room. It is on the first floor and really dark (it is impossible to tell whether it was day or night outside). A semi-transparent partition wall separates the shower from the bed, which means the person in the shower has little to no privacy. More aggravating is the toilet door, which is also a thin, almost transparent partition wall. The person in the room could hear EVERYTHING happening behind that fake door. Also, small details are missing: no hook for the towels in the shower and near the washing bowl, no hand soap. I am not sure whether the other rooms were organized differently, so I would check before making a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms on the first floor- way too dark!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Posada B, Director of Sales at Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón Hotel
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location.
I am very sorry that you felt you did not have privacy in the room.
Next time you come back to La Posada del Dragon I would recommend you to book a Balcony room which is bigger. We will take on consideration your comments because clients like you make us get better everyday

My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Posada del Dragon! The staff was very helpful in advance with making dinner reservations and suggesting places to eat and visit while in Madrid. They were accommodating when we arrived before check in time. Our room was clean and reasonably appointed. The hotel has an energetic vibe in the evening and was a great place to plan our next day’s adventures! We enjoyed the proximity to the San Miguel marketplace and a metro stop. We had a wonderful time and would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the helpful staff. Please do come and visit us again soon.

I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Clean, kind of retro and super modern decor, Asian flare. Great food in Latina quarter. Busy area, lots to see and do. Friendly staff and funky concept. Wish there was more natural light as the only window looked over the courtyard, and restaurant below so no privacy if blinds were open. Great pub at entrance of hotel. They sit you down with a drink and some olives while they take your bags up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kelowna
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the decoration of the rooms
Please do come and visit us again soon. I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good location near Plaza Mayor. Very attentive and friendly staff, nice room, comfortable bed. Restaurant/bar appeared very popular with locals. Food was delicious, tapas and pinchos. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the comfortable room, helpful Staff ...

Thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Amparo Vaño

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I were recently in Madrid, and after looking around for a good place to eat in downtown, we stumbled upon this place. it is not only a really cool building/hotel - it has a great restaurant!
Let me tell you - we loved the glass floor over the roman ruins, and the staff was great. The food was fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at La Antoñita by La Posada del Dragón
Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Your kind words make what we do, day in and day out, all the more rewarding.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return to Madrid

Best Regards,