“Best place to see Madrid”

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #69 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. Quality of the rooms are underrated. The hotel setup is excellent. I had a room on the third floor with a view of the church. There is a lot of street noise but that is a issue if you go early to bed. You are in Madrid which does not start until midnight.
The bar downstairs has some of the best tapas on a street filled with tapas. The staff there are excellent in everyway.
Will be definitely going back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Renaissanceparquet
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I am especially pleased that you found our hotel, restaurant and location very nice
When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night before a business meeting. First time visiting Madrid. No problem finding it, and got a response to my query regarding late check in during the day before I left for the airport. Tiny room, but very stylish and functional. Best room I've ever had anywhere on a budget.
Friendly stuff, and overall really original and quirky place. Word of caution for those who are rather petite: coat hanger and bath towels can be a little bit hard to reach. After check out they kept my suitcase for me to get it after my meeting.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are larger and smaller rooms. Maybe try to clarify in advance. As a solo traveller...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband in May'13. We had reached early so the rooms weren't ready but the stay offered to keep our luggage while we ventured into the neighbourhood. He gave us maps, direction to the nearest plaza and some information of the bull-fight festival going on at the time.

We were very happy on our first outing as we discovered how amazing the location of the hotel was. It's a mere 5 mins walk from Plaza de Mayor. There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars around. There is also a supermarket just 2-3 mins away from the hotel.

The rooms were small but clean and convenient. The decor was quirky and we loved it. The staff was generous with replenishing the toiletries.

I would recommend the hotel to couples, groups as well as single travelers.

Room Tip: Pick any room! Each room is different than the other!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I spent a weekend in Madrid with a friend. Since we were on a student budget, we shared a double room at Posada del Dragon. The hotel location is great, in one of the city's liveliest neighborhoods. It's a 5-minute walk from the Latina metro stop, and a few steps away from cool bars, restaurants, and the marvelous Mercado San Miguel. The staff was professional and made us feel welcome. My main complaint is about the room. It is on the first floor and really dark (it is impossible to tell whether it was day or night outside). A semi-transparent partition wall separates the shower from the bed, which means the person in the shower has little to no privacy. More aggravating is the toilet door, which is also a thin, almost transparent partition wall. The person in the room could hear EVERYTHING happening behind that fake door. Also, small details are missing: no hook for the towels in the shower and near the washing bowl, no hand soap. I am not sure whether the other rooms were organized differently, so I would check before making a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms on the first floor- way too dark!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón Hotel
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location.
I am very sorry that you felt you did not have privacy in the room.
Next time you come back to La Posada del Dragon I would recommend you to book a Balcony room which is bigger. We will take on consideration your comments because clients like you make us get better everyday

My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Posada del Dragon! The staff was very helpful in advance with making dinner reservations and suggesting places to eat and visit while in Madrid. They were accommodating when we arrived before check in time. Our room was clean and reasonably appointed. The hotel has an energetic vibe in the evening and was a great place to plan our next day’s adventures! We enjoyed the proximity to the San Miguel marketplace and a metro stop. We had a wonderful time and would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the helpful staff. Please do come and visit us again soon.

I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Clean, kind of retro and super modern decor, Asian flare. Great food in Latina quarter. Busy area, lots to see and do. Friendly staff and funky concept. Wish there was more natural light as the only window looked over the courtyard, and restaurant below so no privacy if blinds were open. Great pub at entrance of hotel. They sit you down with a drink and some olives while they take your bags up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kelowna
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the decoration of the rooms
Please do come and visit us again soon. I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good location near Plaza Mayor. Very attentive and friendly staff, nice room, comfortable bed. Restaurant/bar appeared very popular with locals. Food was delicious, tapas and pinchos. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the comfortable room, helpful Staff ...

Thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Amparo Vaño