“Not Luxury - But Delightful Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Posada del Dragon

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #56 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Cheshire
“Not Luxury - But Delightful Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at Posada del Dragon over a long weekend in February.

The rooms are quirky and quite small but with very comfortable beds, modern bathrooms (shower only) and TV.

The whole place was well maintained and spotlessly clean.

Hotel staff were very helpful, welcoming and friendly.

Breakfast is good value at 12 euro.

Free WiFi - but hard to get a connection on 3rd floor.

3rd floor room at front of hotel had lovely views, but street partying goes on till late.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Nice views from balcony rooms on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mfokinth
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Amparo Vano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I had an ok stay at Posada Del Dragon for one night, on our way out of Madrid (the owners of our usual b&b were on holiday, so we couldn't stay there) It was a very neatly designed room, but quite small for the price. We could also sympathise with the noise concerns of the other reviewers as there seemed to be a constant low buzz outside of the hotel at all hours. We were very tired from running around that day, so we slept fine. Considering the size of the room (about 1/3 the size of our room at Abracadabra) the lack of breakfast included and at almost 3x the price, I would prefer to stay elsewhere next time if available.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 21 February 2014

I am very sorry you found the room small, All our rooms are a good size for doble occupancy, but if you decide to come back to La Posada del Dragon, we recommend you to book a Balcony room.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

On my first trip to Europe I was pleasantly surprised. Good affordable price, big enough, clean room with a beautiful balcony. Modern decor, good food at the bar and great location. I tottaly recommend it. Next time Im there, Im going to stay there without a doubt!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on the first floor that have glass floors and the excavations of the great wall.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I am especially pleased that you found our entire hotel decoration, location and rooms very nice

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My first ever visit to Madrid, Spain and the hotel was a big highlight of making My partner & Myselfs stay exceptional! We had a double room on the third floor, Design & Decor was fantastic and stylish for the price we payed, one slight downside- shower door to the wetroom leaked, so lots of water on the carpet outside. Staff were very friendly on both reception & bar/ restaurant downstairs, serving lovely food & drinks with a buzzing atmosphere. We ordered Football tickets online for a Real Madrid game & the staff did everything to ensure we recieved these, with quick responses to emails. Location superb- For a genuine feel of Spanish culture, away from the tourist hotspots located among superb tapas restaurants, bars & La Latina underground station. Would highly recommend & RE-VISIT!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Jenmeister

Napoli
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed there alone, and I booked a single room: the hotel is overall nice, amazing position, it has a bar/restaurant with a cool atmosphere, friendly staff, good breakfast. The single room was the problem: nicely decorated, but too small!! It had just space for a single bed (I guess it was a 120cm one), and everything else (a small desk, chair, and an holder for the luggage) was packed in a very small space! Moreover, there were two tiny, very small, locked windows, looking on the corridor of the inner courtyard, so you could not open the curtains, unless you don't want to loose your privacy. Toilet was clean, but the the door of the shower was not closing thight, so lot of water on the toilet floor. I was there only one night, than fine, but for more days, I would not choose this place again - if I have to book a single.

Room Tip: Pay attention if booking a single room, they are way too small
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at La Posada del Dragon
We are sorry that the single room seemed too small, but all our guests staying at this type of room are really satisfied with it.
We hope to see you son at la Posada del Dragon and we recommend you to book a Corrala or a balcony room.

Warm regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. Quality of the rooms are underrated. The hotel setup is excellent. I had a room on the third floor with a view of the church. There is a lot of street noise but that is a issue if you go early to bed. You are in Madrid which does not start until midnight.
The bar downstairs has some of the best tapas on a street filled with tapas. The staff there are excellent in everyway.
Will be definitely going back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Renaissanceparquet

I am especially pleased that you found our hotel, restaurant and location very nice

Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night before a business meeting. First time visiting Madrid. No problem finding it, and got a response to my query regarding late check in during the day before I left for the airport. Tiny room, but very stylish and functional. Best room I've ever had anywhere on a budget.
Friendly stuff, and overall really original and quirky place. Word of caution for those who are rather petite: coat hanger and bath towels can be a little bit hard to reach. After check out they kept my suitcase for me to get it after my meeting.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are larger and smaller rooms. Maybe try to clarify in advance. As a solo traveller...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 20 January 2014