“Superb location”

Ranked #57 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Prague, Czech Republic
“Superb location”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great location, less than 5 minutes from Metro, plenty of restaurants and bars in the same street,and only 2 minutes from the Plaza Mayor. The room was very design and clean. I had a room with beautiful view on San Isidro's church. There is a safe in the room ( no extra cost).Would stay at this hotel again and recommend to others.

Weak wifi ( after a few minutes normally connected it just stops working ) and this during all the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank isolagus
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Posada del Dragon
I was very happy to hear that you liked our location and room

When your travel plans call for returning to New York I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call my office directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Amparo VAño

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Very close to the metro; in the heart of the bars/tapas, and a 15 min walk to Prado. Hotel itself is quiet despite being attached to bar. Also hotel is open air so it was cool in the hallways, especially in the morning. Also, blinds do not keep out all light so would recommend eye mask.
Room was modern, well appointed, and good size for Europe.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank TravelDoc_DC
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Posada del dragon Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
When your travel plans call for returning to MAdrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call our office directly so I may personally handle your reservations..
My kindest regards,
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We only were able to have a very brief visit to Madrid at Posada del Dragon was a great location which allowed us to see a number of attractions. Staff were very helpful and the room though small was very comfortable and clean. Both of us quite tired from all our travels and needed an early night is preparation for the long flight back to Australia so an early (by Spanish standards) dinner was required. Hotel staff managed to supply this even though the kitchen was not open. Noise was a bit of an issue as we retired early

Room Tip: If planning a longer stay would be worth asking if larger rooms are available. Car parking is avail...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I was very happy to hear that you found the location amazing

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. And we would recommend you a Balcony room . Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Cheshire
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at Posada del Dragon over a long weekend in February.

The rooms are quirky and quite small but with very comfortable beds, modern bathrooms (shower only) and TV.

The whole place was well maintained and spotlessly clean.

Hotel staff were very helpful, welcoming and friendly.

Breakfast is good value at 12 euro.

Free WiFi - but hard to get a connection on 3rd floor.

3rd floor room at front of hotel had lovely views, but street partying goes on till late.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Nice views from balcony rooms on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mfokinth

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I had an ok stay at Posada Del Dragon for one night, on our way out of Madrid (the owners of our usual b&b were on holiday, so we couldn't stay there) It was a very neatly designed room, but quite small for the price. We could also sympathise with the noise concerns of the other reviewers as there seemed to be a constant low buzz outside of the hotel at all hours. We were very tired from running around that day, so we slept fine. Considering the size of the room (about 1/3 the size of our room at Abracadabra) the lack of breakfast included and at almost 3x the price, I would prefer to stay elsewhere next time if available.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, 21 February 2014

I am very sorry you found the room small, All our rooms are a good size for doble occupancy, but if you decide to come back to La Posada del Dragon, we recommend you to book a Balcony room.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 16 February 2014

On my first trip to Europe I was pleasantly surprised. Good affordable price, big enough, clean room with a beautiful balcony. Modern decor, good food at the bar and great location. I tottaly recommend it. Next time Im there, Im going to stay there without a doubt!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on the first floor that have glass floors and the excavations of the great wall.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

I am especially pleased that you found our entire hotel decoration, location and rooms very nice

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My first ever visit to Madrid, Spain and the hotel was a big highlight of making My partner & Myselfs stay exceptional! We had a double room on the third floor, Design & Decor was fantastic and stylish for the price we payed, one slight downside- shower door to the wetroom leaked, so lots of water on the carpet outside. Staff were very friendly on both reception & bar/ restaurant downstairs, serving lovely food & drinks with a buzzing atmosphere. We ordered Football tickets online for a Real Madrid game & the staff did everything to ensure we recieved these, with quick responses to emails. Location superb- For a genuine feel of Spanish culture, away from the tourist hotspots located among superb tapas restaurants, bars & La Latina underground station. Would highly recommend & RE-VISIT!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple