“Fun modern hotel”

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #75 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Fairly marked a three star but has the bones of a four. Rooms are clean modern and tasteful. Service was great especially the Kate night bar staff. Location is right in the center of tapas heaven but beware of noise if room has balcony. No AC but it was hot wifi only worked half the time. For the price it cannot be beat

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Posada del Dragon.I was very happy to hear that you liked our location and you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the wifi, there was a technical problem that day but it is fixed and it Works perfectly

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Sent us an email and we will handle your reservation

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for three nights the last week in March 2014. Stayed in a balcony room facing the front of the hotel on the third floor. Interesting modern room in a small hotel over a bar/restaurant. The room was very modern. The view over the roof across the street and the church was great. The bathroom is in the room, so not much privacy if you were with a friend. Not a problem for me. The bed was very comfortable. Bar downstairs was happening. Good place to have a glass of wine or a beer after a long day on the town. Location on Cava Baja was perfect. Walked to every site in town. Right in the middle of the historic old town. At least 40 places to eat and drink on this street alone. Great tapas bars up and down the street. I would reccomend Posada del Dragon. The only negative was that the free wifi did not work at all in my third floor room. They really should fix that. Otherwise a nice modern room in the heart of old town Madrid. I got a good rate booking just a few days in advance.

Room Tip: balcony rooms facing the front on higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Posada del Dragon. Sorry regarding the wifi but there was a technical problem and we fixed it already
I was very happy to hear that you liked our location and you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great location, less than 5 minutes from Metro, plenty of restaurants and bars in the same street,and only 2 minutes from the Plaza Mayor. The room was very design and clean. I had a room with beautiful view on San Isidro's church. There is a safe in the room ( no extra cost).Would stay at this hotel again and recommend to others.

Weak wifi ( after a few minutes normally connected it just stops working ) and this during all the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank isolagus
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

I was very happy to hear that you liked our location and room

When your travel plans call for returning to New York I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call my office directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Very close to the metro; in the heart of the bars/tapas, and a 15 min walk to Prado. Hotel itself is quiet despite being attached to bar. Also hotel is open air so it was cool in the hallways, especially in the morning. Also, blinds do not keep out all light so would recommend eye mask.
Room was modern, well appointed, and good size for Europe.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank TravelDoc_DC

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Posada del dragon Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
When your travel plans call for returning to MAdrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call our office directly so I may personally handle your reservations..
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We only were able to have a very brief visit to Madrid at Posada del Dragon was a great location which allowed us to see a number of attractions. Staff were very helpful and the room though small was very comfortable and clean. Both of us quite tired from all our travels and needed an early night is preparation for the long flight back to Australia so an early (by Spanish standards) dinner was required. Hotel staff managed to supply this even though the kitchen was not open. Noise was a bit of an issue as we retired early

Room Tip: If planning a longer stay would be worth asking if larger rooms are available. Car parking is avail...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I was very happy to hear that you found the location amazing

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. And we would recommend you a Balcony room . Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at Posada del Dragon over a long weekend in February.

The rooms are quirky and quite small but with very comfortable beds, modern bathrooms (shower only) and TV.

The whole place was well maintained and spotlessly clean.

Hotel staff were very helpful, welcoming and friendly.

Breakfast is good value at 12 euro.

Free WiFi - but hard to get a connection on 3rd floor.

3rd floor room at front of hotel had lovely views, but street partying goes on till late.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Nice views from balcony rooms on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mfokinth

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I had an ok stay at Posada Del Dragon for one night, on our way out of Madrid (the owners of our usual b&b were on holiday, so we couldn't stay there) It was a very neatly designed room, but quite small for the price. We could also sympathise with the noise concerns of the other reviewers as there seemed to be a constant low buzz outside of the hotel at all hours. We were very tired from running around that day, so we slept fine. Considering the size of the room (about 1/3 the size of our room at Abracadabra) the lack of breakfast included and at almost 3x the price, I would prefer to stay elsewhere next time if available.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

I am very sorry you found the room small, All our rooms are a good size for doble occupancy, but if you decide to come back to La Posada del Dragon, we recommend you to book a Balcony room.