“Good roller coasters but don't expect to much” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 742 things to do in Madrid
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Casa de Campo, the venue is divided into four large themes areas: Maquinismo (machines), Naturaleza (nature), Tranquilidad (relax) and Nickelodeonland (kids).
Lausanne, Switzerland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good roller coasters but don't expect to much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We (2 adults) went there only for the roller coasters. Some of them are really amazing. But you cannot compare this part with Universal, Disney etc. It does not have theme. There are only some machines, restaurants and that's all. At the entrance there is a separate part for children which seems good for them.

There are lockers only at the entrance of the part. No lockers! inside, before the roller coasters. You have to put your belongings on floor and if you are lucky you can find them when you get off.

Visited March 2012

78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Amusing for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Not too expensive, but just a few and common attractions. Nothing to be remember

2 Thank jimmy61Madrid
Basingstoke
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“I was looking for the zoo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

The title should say it all. We had asked at the hotel how to get to the zoo as I wanted to see it (apparently the zoo is very large) so after following the instructions and getting the tube to the right stop. Got off and followed the signs.
When we got there in front of us was this enormous entrance to the Parc....my logic said 'the zoo must be in there' - I could not see anything else around and we had been told it was at that stop.
So, after finally getting in (due to long queues of kids)....we entered the Parc. As it was a hot day it was actually fun to get soaked on the rides. The rides were not the most amazing in the world but I thought worth the money nevertheless. After a couple of hours we tried to find a park map to find out where the zoo would be......to find that there was no zoo. Apparently that was a ten minute walk further down the road. Bearing in mind we had already paid £30 each to get into the park and it would be a further £30 each for the zoo we decided against it (much to my disappointment I must add)

Anyway, as I was at the parc, I would say that it is a fun place to go. The queues to get on the rides are the most annoying thing but I don't believe I've ever been to a theme park that doesn't have long queues. Also most of the queue areas are shaded from the sun with constant water mists over the whole area which is good (not good if you worry about your hair frizzing)

I would say that for a day out with kids this place would be a good place to go, although I enjoyed it and I am in my thirties.....there is a kid in all of us.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank HumanC
doha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WOW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This amusement park has stuffs for everyone in the family. My kid she loved the rides although she was miffed that they did not allow her in the tornado rides ( she was small for it).We enjoyed one whole day from 12:00 Pm to 7:00 PM in the park. We still had rides which we did not cover. The entrance fee is a bit high but then once you pay that you can go to every rides ( except the horror house, which needs extra pay). Plenty of food stalls in the park to cater to every ones taste. One thing i wasnt happy about was the lockers,it has to be bettered.
Reachability is a dream as the BATAN metro is virtually in the park.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank doniv76
Wexford, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable day out for the family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Firstly - Do not arrive when the park opens! The queues are HUGE and in July it was searingly hot and 1 hour after the park opens there are no queues at all! Metro goes almost up to the entrance of the park. A short 250m walk.
If you are English then do not bother with the shows as they are all in Spanish - you are in Madrid after all!
A knowledge of basic Spanish to order food and drink would be very useful but not essential.
There are a wide selection of brilliant rides and the park is open until very late -midnight! Amazingly, it seemed to get busier as the sun set! My one small complaint would be that the bathrooms were not well signposted. You aren´t given a map upon entry so you have to keep going to the maps on boards to orientate yourself.
My husband complained that there was no signage at the queues to indicate how long you could expect to wait from that point (Disney have that down to a fine art!) Consequently, he got stuck queuing with four very complaining and impatient children (ages8-13) for two rides for over an hour! If he had known in advance he would have skipped them and gone back later when the queues were shorter.
You can take your own food and drink. Food in the park is standard fare with the addition of a pasta to go and mexican. When we ordered pasta there was only spinach pasta left so if your kids don't like green pasta then get to this outlet early. Typical of theme parks universally the food is not cheap but it is not 'rip-off' either. Kids loved the sweet shop with the myriad of sweets for sale by weight! A useful inducement to get them to leave the park!
It is worth noting also that there are plenty of trees that give wonderful shade cover in the heat of a Spanish summer so don't be put off going here by the temperatures!

Visited July 2011