“Great show!”

Cardamomo Tablao Flamenco
Ranked #3 of 923 Nightlife in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Shows alive. Probably the best flamenco tablao in Madrid, nothing fancy about the rugged tablao of Cardamomo, the best undergournd flamenco shows that are to be found in Madrid, a must see attraction, dinner is optional. Flamenco time is the best time. At the Cardamomo Flamenco tablao, masters of the Spanish guitar and percussion, renowned flamenco singers and flamenco dancers give their body and soul to the audience in a unique live show. • Dinner is served 45 minutes before the show. • 100% of tickets offer optimal viewing and acoustics of stage performances.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great show at Cardamomo. The venue is pretty small, so every seat is a great seat. I recommend booking in advance ,as it gets busy. The price is reasonable - we went for the show and drink option , loved the sangria.

1  Thank dshulmn

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went there with my teenage grand-daughter. We both enjoyed this completely. Very amazing and it seemed to me authentic. traditional and modern. Amazing guitar, singing and dancing. A lot of action and enthusiasm. I would definitely recommend doing this.

2  Thank pbloomer
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Before travelling to Madrid, I read a lot of reviews from people insisting that one or the other of the flamenco venues was the most authentic or had the least touristy feel, etc. This place was highly recommended to me by a native Madrileña who felt that it was authentic and not a Disney-fied version of flamenco.
Well, I don't know about all of that, but I DO know that this show with 4 dancers, 3 singers and 2 guitarists was absolutely amazing. The flamenco rhythms are so complicated, I couldn't believe that they could all stay together. And I couldn't believe how fast those shoes were tapping the floor. As to authenticity, well over half of the audience seemed to be Spanish, and they shouted out much appreciation of the artists on the floor.
Bottom line--a unique and wonderful evening.

2  Thank floridatraveldad
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Madrid is the second stop of my trip after Barcelona. I have to say, for the past 4 days in Spain, tonight at the Cardamomo Flamenco show, was the first time i actually feel like i'm in Spain. The art itself just screams the word Spanish in your head. I feel very welcomed. Unlike in most places people don't speak much English. The hostesses here speak very good English. I also like the fact that they truly value customers’ opinion, on every table, you will see a survey which you can rate their service and leave your comments and suggestions. And during the break of the show, the hostess will come to you and see how you like the show, with a friendly smile. Very rarely you see people treat tourists with so much care.

I booked the show + 1 free drink combo, I think if you also dine in, the flamenco show will cost 10 euro less. But I didn't eat, so I can’t tell you how good is the food. But when i got my free drink, my goodness! The glass is the size of a coconut! Not your regular cheap free drink. Its actually really good and large, I sip it through the whole night and still have half a glass left.

About the performance. First off, i don't know how good other flamenco shows are, i only know at Cardamomo they really put on a great one, and i knew i want to give them a great review within the first 2 minutes after it begins. The live music and the dancers are really the best it can be. I know so because i have previously watched some of the best performances on youtube.

Apart from their dazzling performance, my favorite part is the fact that this place is very intimate. The stage is inside a restaurant, located right in the center of Madrid. The place can hold around 50 people (my rough estimate), The hostess Christina was extra warm and attentive, seeing that I’m there by myself and my enthusiasm for flamenco dance. She was so kind that she moved my seat from the mid back to the second row, which turned out to be the best seat in the house! Thank you Christina. I’m so glad I was able to sit so close to the stage that I can observe the dancers’ expression, for me that’s the best part of the performance. All four dancers were so devoted and professional. When they start feeling the music and start moving, their expression changes with it too: seductive, aggressive, serious, flirtatious, angry, joy, sometimes even looks like they are in agony. It’s very fascinating for me to see that. You read a lot about the dancers’ thoughts and what they are trying to convey using their body language. The dancers are so devoted that after a few minutes of dancing I can see the sweats dripping from their hair onto the floor. But that doesn't bother them, they keep on dancing like no one is watching. Overall, I say the performance was very exotic and very sexy in a non-provocative way, simply by using their expressions. They are truly the professionals.

The crowds were also very much impressed like me, I remember after the first 2 minutes opening act, the crowd went crazy, everyone around me was like “wow this is actually really really good.” The woman sat by me said she had goose bumps all over.

Overall, I was really impressed by this place. In every single way. I know in a few years i will forget the faces of those passionate dancers and the friendly Christina, but one thing i won't forget is how they made me feel, and how warm and welcomed Cardamomo makes me feel. Memories cannot be unwritten, therefore you gotta pick and choose carefully what you want to carry in your mind for a lifetime. I highly recommend Cardamomo Flamenco to everyone.

2  Thank Samanthatangflamenco
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wife insisted we see a flamenco dance show and we went with TA's recommendation. I was skeptical to say the least. This was my first flamenco show so I don't have a baseline but I really enjoyed it. We were treated to a young super star of the flamenco guitar world, he was amazing as were the dancers. Dinner was quite good and the service was fantastic. At one point during the intense performance my wife had finished her drink and was sucking on an ice cube, a waiter darted in and dropped off a bottle of water with no prompt. We felt very well taken care of despite our laughable poor Spanish. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Cav66