“One of the best restaurants ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #154 of 911 Nightlife in Madrid
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“One of the best restaurants ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Some madrilenos friends suggested me this restaurant knowing I adore japanese and fusion food. A little bit expensive but worthy!
Incredible location: old theatre renewed and designed by Philip Starck.
Wide range of japanese dishes. Good service.
Perfect for special occasions.

Visited September 2012

Madrid, Spain
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The quality of the food was great BUT...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The restaurant had a great ambiance (need to dress up a little) and the place is built beautifully taking advantage of the form of the theater it once was, so it actually looks like there´s going to be some cabaret dancing after dinner ;-) and it´s decorated in the same manner.

That was the nice part but regarding food, I went for the Octopus with "potato trinxat" & red curry for starters and then for second I asked for the steak tartar, my wife went for the prawn salad and the fried baby squid, the taste of the food was great but they basically give you a ridiculous amount of food so that you are forced to eat 2 dishes per person and go for the dessert.

Initially, I asked for half a serving of my second dish fearing it would be too much but I soon corrected that after seeing the size of the serving of the entree.

Without drinks and wine we paid over 100€: entrees 16€ each, tartar 24€ (I could have eaten the whole serving in two mouthfuls), squid 16€, desserts 8€ each plus they charge you 2.5€ each for the bread (for me this is really obnoxious and should be built into the price), so honestly for that kind of money I can go to other restaurants where I don´t need to fix myself a sandwich after dinner.

I don´t think I´ll be going back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Oscar L
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

The restaurant set in a former theatre and designed by P. Starck. It is certainly worth a visit. Fair service. Food good quality.

Visited November 2012
London
“It worked for me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2007

As we walked in it was clear that there was a relaxed air about the place even though it has such a designer tag to it. The room was sublime with heavy grey velvet drapes and a dramatic stage set where the bar was situated. I was there with 10 friends who had had a pretty heavy night the previous evening so we were a little bit fragile and in need of some assistance with most things and all I can say is that the service was impeccable and the waiters so accommodating. I loved it and they made us feel so welcome. The food was very good and relative to London it was a pretty cheap meal considering we had starters, main courses and desserts washed down with lots of red wine and cava!

southampton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Great food but appalling rudeness”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2005

The evening started very promisingly, the restaurant is undeniably beautiful and unusual, the menu interesting and the food good.

What let the restaurant down was the appalling rudeness of the staff who cleared away the restaurant before we had finished our meal. I should point out that we had arrived well before the end of the advertised opening hours. We were the last table to finish and whilst we were waiting for, and then eating, our dessert, had to watch and listen whilst the staff cleared tables away and then dragged the tables and chairs to the edge of the room (with the scraping noises that such actions make), and then rolled new tables in.

No apology was made for this at any stage, our question as to what was happening was met with "for tomorrow". It was actually laughable that such a beautiful meal could be spoilt in this way so we did see the funny side, but the staff did themselves no favours at all, and accordingly did not receive a tip!

We then moved to the bar, again well before the advertised closing time, to be told that they were "closing"!

5 Thank jomajo