“Well worth the 10 Euros”
Review of Teatro Real

Ranked #86 of 790 things to do in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were expecting a tour of about 50 minutes. We were there almost 2 hours. Our guide was excellent. We saw the practice rooms, sat in the top-tier seats, sat in the king and queen's chairs/box, went backstage, toured the reception rooms and bar, etc. It was more than we expected and were delighted with the visit.

2  Thank Kelly G
There are newer reviews for Teatro Real

Reviewed 15 August 2014

They have a special Summer Tour (€10) that takes you to all parts of the theater. I was not very lucky with my guide, who was definetely not experienced, taking us to locked doors, etc, but this did not matter in the end. The theater is huge, very beautiful and modernized in some parts, but keeping the "royal" spirit. Absolutely worth a visit!

1  Thank Almir M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We did this tour S it was included with our Madrid card and really close to our hotel. It was wonderful. A beautiful theater with lots of history. It's amazing how the theater is run and all of the inner working behind the scenes. We got to visit the royal box, sit in differ t seats in the theater, walk through the beautiful restaurant, and get a behind the scenes look. Really a great tour and well worth it!

2  Thank melissa328
Reviewed 6 August 2014

There were three types of tours offered inside the Royal Theatre. I was very interested in joining the theater's technical tour or artistic tour, in which my hostel also recommend. As there are no online booking, I went there in person to ask for a ticket in advance (for a day later). The staff speaks perfect english and told me they cannot accommodate advance sale and suggest I come to the box office again on the day I wanted to visit.

So when I did, the ticket staff told me those two tours are only conducted in Spanish! my question is, why didnt the first staff told me so? and second, why were all the brochures bilingual?

1  Thank reginawkchan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did not enter since from online pictures it was nothing special. To be fair, it did have a huge competition since I had just visited the Grand Opera Garnier in Paris and that is too amazing for words. The outside is just a grey building - I've seen way nicer. The square is nice though and you could sit there and sip some coffee or eat a snack before your visit to the Royal palace which is right at the back of the Royal Opera House.

1  Thank M C