“A Must See”

Ranked #15 of 790 things to do in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Whenever we go to Madrid, we always go to the Gran Via to see the stores. There is always something new to see in the stores. The sidewalks are wide, so it is easy to walk on them and they never get too crowded with people.

2  Thank BennyMalaga
There are newer reviews for Gran Via

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Gran Via it's like a magic valley. Grand Via an admire the Spanish culture and architecture. It's a old street , I think it is the only worth shopping street in Madrid. there are many cafes,bars & restaurants.

best location in Madrid for tourist & near to many area like Atocha station , etc.

1  Thank TaherAlbaghliJulian
Reviewed 27 March 2014

That was a mixed experience for me as I was almost robbed in a small cafe by a guy just grabbing my bag with all the money and camera and passport (smart move #1) - but you don't wanna mess with a Russian even being a thief! I chased him on my 12cm high heels (smart move#2, yeah!) yelling "Ayudaaa, ladroooon!" (Help, it's a thief!) so he just dropped my bag and ran away. People in the cafe actually applauded me when I came back WITH my bag!

Yet I was rewarded for the trouble by finding a discontinued piece of cosmetic I was looking for for ages in a small no name store. Otherwise there is nothing special to shop.

4  Thank Alessika
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Gran Via it's like a magic valley. It's impressive to see so many people walking there and still feel very relaxed or more relax then in many other places. You can go up an down the streets of Grand Via an admire the Spanish culture and architecture. It's a old young place of Madrid where you can do shopping, eat in fine restaurant and have a very relaxin walk even it is day or night. You will never get bored walking in this clean, relaxing, amazing and impressive boulevard! Enjoy a fine day in Gran Via!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I think it is the only worth shopping street in Madrid. You can find some good and well known shops like Lacoste, Camper, Nike, Desigual..

1  Thank marti19985