“Diabolical Customer Service”

Village Chueca Apartments
Ranked #335 of 391 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
“Diabolical Customer Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was supposed to stay at the Village Sol apartments but they said their was a problem so moved me to the Village Chueca 23 instead,these rooms were very run down and not in the best area. When I called the customer Service guy and asked for 90 euro refund as these rooms were very basic,he said he would call me back but never did!!!! I called them back twice and they assured me I would get my 90 euros back but it never materialised!!! These guys are absolute numpties and I advise people not to book with them

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Justindurose1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for four people, two adults and two children with Booking.com. When the confirmation can back, it said "no children could stay in the apartment" when in fact it should have said, " no extra child beds allowed". Like others we arrived at 23 Fuencarral and then had to carry our luggage up the road to 55! A bit disconcerting when you're in a strange city.

Plus points, the apartment was cheap, clean and in an excellent, central location. Free Wi-Fi, tv and the air conditioner worked.

Bad points, booking arrangements, information and weird check-in arrangements, you have to phone 30 minutes before you arrive, but are not told to do so. There were only three cups and one glass in an apartment for four people! The washing machine and the extractor fan over the cooker were broken.

We would stay here again, but would know what to expect.

1 Thank Freelandroaders
Il-Mosta, null, Malta
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We have booked 2 of these apartments in December 2012 for our stay in Feb 2013. The owners did not inform us that the apartments were overbooked. So when we arrived we found nobody to wait for us, we had to call and then after an hour someone came. They wanted to give us an alternative which they say it's 5 min away but when we went to check we walked over 30 min and the area the other apartments were was very dodgy. The apartments were very small and run down. The service by Village Chueca Apartments is very bad and they try to blame you for everything. DO NOT BOOK these apartments. The apartments in Fuencarral are situated in a very noisy area so goodbye sleep. I 100% recommend 7, Gran Via Apartments, Calle de Chincilla. Excellent location, great apartments with 5* service.

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE VILLAGE CHUECA APARTMENTS. Choose 7 Gran Via Apartments, Calle de Chinchilla instead.