“Very good hotel !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Regina

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Regina
Ranked #105 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Warsaw, Poland
“Very good hotel !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

When in Madrid I am staying here. Location of the hotel is great, major tourist attractions are within walking distance, if not metro station is just at the doorsteps. Around lots of restaurants and pubs. Rooms not too big but comfortable and clean, service very helpful, breakfast with a glass of Cava just excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank teddy_b33
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear client.
Thank you for your comments. It,s very important for us to know the
opinion of our clients, mainly when the experience has been so positive,
enabling us to improve our operation.
We hope to see you again, kind regards.
Director.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

The hotel was nice enough, rooms were nice. I got a good deal booking online. Most staff speak english and are very kind. The restaurant is very expensive, but good. The shuttle service was bad though. have to book 24 hours in advance. The next day it was late picking up.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank amnico
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear client.
First of all thank you for your feedback; your opinion is very important .
It,s nice to know that you were so pleased with the room and the staff.
Of course we take note of your recommendations.
Hopefully you,ll chose again our property in your next visit.
Thank you for your time, warm regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at the Hotel Regina for five nights for our 1st anniversary at the beginning of July and we loved it!

We arrived in the evening after getting off the tube directly outside the front door and we were instantly impressed. You can smell the hotel before you even open the door and it smells delicious!
Check in was nice and easy and we were presented with cold fresh OJ on arrival.

We stayed in room 201. I was surprised how roomy it was for a city centre hotel and it was incredibly clean.
The window didn't offer much of a view but we weren't in the room much to enjoy the view so it didn't matter. The mattress was a bit hard for my liking but the husband slept just fine beside me! Air conditioning was very much welcomed in the 40 degree heat!

The location of the hotel is fantastic. A short stroll from a busy plaza and lots of shops and restaurants and easy access to anywhere in the city via the metro.

The best part of our stay at the hotel was the breakfast! The choice was really good and we especially enjoyed the Cava!

We will definitely be returning to the beautiful city of Madrid and will definitely return to the Hotel Regina.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear clients.
Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness
and room.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
We hope welcome you again when you return to Madrid.
Thank you again for your time.
Kind regards.
STATE COLLEGE, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is as was described in Trip Advisor. Good central location for touring. Watch for pickpockets in this area. Was nailed this morning but only for 100 and recovered the wallet with cards.

July is a killer for weather in Madrid. Nothing below 98 so far.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph K
Thank you for your time.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Thank you again for choosing us.
Best regards.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed with a group of 6 people in 3 rooms. Excellent location, friendly and easy check in. Our room was ready by 1PM, thanks again. Late check out was possible at 6PM for EUR 40.- extra. Rooms are quiet and clean. Loved the 1m long pillows on each bed. Where can I buy those?

• Stayed July 2013
Dear client.
We thank you very much for your feedback and of course if you wish
to visit us again we´ll be delighted to welcome you.
Thank you again for choosing us and kind regards.
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My 17 year old son and I stayed here from June 21 -25 during our 6th two week summer vacation in Europe.I booked this hotel based upon comments here and the location. As pointed out by so many others, there is a Metro stop right outside the hotel door. There is a very short walk to the main plazas (Sol and Mayor).
When we arrived tired on a hot afternoon, we were not greeted with the OJ that others have mentioned. It would have been much appreciated. Our stay got off to a bad start. When I walked up to the reception desk, I placed my reservation confirmation slip for a superior room (I made my own reservation through the hotel's web site) on the counter in front of the receptionist as she's looking at me. She proceeded to ask whether I had a reservation. That should have been my first clue. I said yes and moved the confirmation slip closer to her. She picked it up, went to the computer and checked us in. We were given our key cards and directions to our room. When we got to the room, I was very disappointed. The room was very drab with a wonderful view in an air shaft. I pulled out my confirmation slip in order to be certain that I hadn't made an error in the booking. Then I used my iPad to check their web site to match pictures of a superior room with my room. They were VERY different. I returned to the front desk, again showed my confirmation and asked whether I somehow had not booked a superior room. The same receptionist who had checked us in looked at the slip and her computer and confirmed that I had reserved a superior room. So how, you ask, did the same person look at the same confirmation and computer yet send us to a standard room? Very hard to understand. I don't want to think of what might have happened if I didn't have the confirmation slip or wasn't ticked off enough to ask questions. Would we have been left in the standard room and been billed for the superior room I had reserved? I'll never know. No explanation for the error was offered.I am soooo glad I had the written confirmation with me. We were assigned a superior room with apologies and all was well from then on.
Our room (#232) was in the rear of the hotel overlooking a narrow street. It was very quiet. The room was tastefully modern with nice appointments. The flat screen tv worked just fine. The wifi was spotty. The glass enclosed bathroom had frosting in the middle third to afford some privacy. There was a large sink and nice bathroom amenities. The shower was in a corner with glass on two sides. Half of each glass wall was a sliding door. These slid toward each other and met at the apex of the glass sides. It was a large and pleasant room. I agree with other reviewers who spoke about the noisy housekeeping staff. The loud early morning conversations, coupled with vacuum cleaner noise and the banging into the walls with the vacuum nozzle was very annoying.
We chose not to partake of their 15 euro/person (approx. $40) breakfast and ate nearby.
There was a mustachioed middle-aged gentleman behind the reception desk who spoke excellent english and seemed to be the acting, if not actual, concierge. He was very pleasant and helpful. During our stay, I had asked a question at the reception desk. Ms Helpful, who had checked us in, pointed behind me to a small table with a bowl of apples on it and said that the concierge would be able to help me but he was off that day. Hence, my confusion about the existence of the hotel's concierge. When we were packing to leave, I asked whether there was a scale I could use to check the weight of my bag. They were most helpful and took me to a back room where there was a scale. I was under the limit.
I have a sour taste in my mouth about the check-in mix up but, overall, I liked our room and the hotel's location. It is a fine three star (almost four star) hotel. It would be a good choice for a stay in Madrid.

Room Tip: Superior room #232 in the back is qiuiet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear client,
Your opinion is very important for the hotel, and we, re delighted to know
that your stay with us was satisfactory.
We are working to improve and your feedback helps us, I apologize for
the inconvenience caused.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely.
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Regina for 5 nights in the peak of summer. This was my second visit to Madrid so I already had a fair idea of the location i wanted to stay in. However said from being in a great spot, the rest of the hotel features seemed mediocre. Our room had a tiny frosted glass window which looked out onto an internal courtyard which did no get much direct sunlight so our room was always dark and needed the lights/lamps turned on at any hour of the day. The room also smelt like smoke (including the sheets) despite requesting a non-smoking room. The bathroom was nice and looked recently updated. Bathroom amenities were provided. Upon checking in we were given a 30% discount coupon to use at the hotel restaurant. We decided to use thin on night 3 to save a little bit of money after eating out in the city but we were surprisingly charged for the bread rolls (3 European roll) and a 1L water (6euro) which completely negated the discounted meal. I found the staff abrupt and unhelpful. The rooms we cold and on the fist night we nearly froze before requesting a blanket on Day 2. The corridors were very loud and the sound travelled throughout the whole floor.
I would only recommend this hotel if you are after a great location and do not care about all these other features.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank venus7979
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear clients.
We are glad that the location has been to your liking.
Sorry for any inconvenience. We are working to improve and ensure that
our customers have a pleasant stay.
We hope welcome youa again in your next visit to Madrid and you can see
that we have improved.