“Great location, great hotel”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #123 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

When I booked a last minute room at Regina for a good price I thought I was probably going to end up in a rubbish downtown tourist trap. But I was very pleasantlt surprised. Charming staff, amazing location, well-presented, good room with a/c, spacious bathroom and all impeccably clean. A great find. I will recommend it to people.

Stayed: June 2014
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness,
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much for recommenging us
We hope welcome you in your next visit to Madriod
Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Regina

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here with a group of 12 friends and was very impressed. Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. Plus the location was perfect with shops, bars and entertainment a short stroll away. However the top highlight was the service of the friendly staff, whether it be on reception or in the bar. A special mention must go to the excellent Ricardo, the hotel concierge, who worked tirelessly to arrange a game of golf at a local course and gave us great tips on places to go at night - including the spectacular Tartan Roof bar just down the road from the hotel. Am definitely planning to book in to Hotel Regina when I return to Madrid with my wife.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear clients,
Your opinion is very important for the hotel, and we, re delighted to know
that your stay with us was satisfactory and memorable.
According with your advisable comments we hope you´ll visit us again.
Thank you for your time , cordially yours

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Regina last week. We had an excellent stay there. The hotel is very central for shops bars and restaurants. Breakfast was very good with a wide variety of choice to suit all tastes. Our room was very clean and spacious also the bathroom was well equipped and the large walk in shower was a bonus. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milanoo7
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness,
during your stay.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Thank you again for recommending us.
Cordially yours

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughter and I visited Madrid, and stayed at the Hotel Regina a few days ago. It was a very good experience in every aspect. The staff was really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good and our room was very nice, although the shower is a bit small, but overall we were very pleased with the room. It's very close to a lot of sites, actually within walking distance in many cases. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear client,
We are glad to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us,
due to the staff as well and location of the hotel.
We thank you very much for recommending us.
cordially yours

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Me and my granddaughter had a vary pleasant stay last week at the Regina, it was in a very central position for shops restaurants cafe and bars. We used the tour bus to get around the sights which was good value for a two day pass.
The hotel was excellent we had a very spacious room with a bathroom superior to some higher rated hotels I have stayed in. We had natural light in the room but no view which I don't think I expected from the information I had received. The T V was of no interest to us as there was much more to do!!! but we did appreciated the free WiFi.The breakfast was very nice and they served until 10.30 so we did not have to be early birds. I observed a well run and well monitored hotel where staff were very helpful and friendly. I do not speak Spanish but did not find it a problem as most of the staff had English and my granddaughter had basic Spanish.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments about the location, room,
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
Hopefully you´ll visit us again.
Cordially yours

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel all around. The staff were friendly and helpful for whatever we needed.

I was there on our honeymoon and the front desk upgraded us with out even asking to a room with a huge outdoor balcony and large sized room.

We stayed there also for the last day of the trip because that is where our flight left out of and they also upgraded us to a two bedroom suite with a view of the front.

The location of the hotel is spectacular and walking distance to a majority of the sites to see.

In addition, the hotel exchanges money with no commission. They had the best rate out of any money exchange place we found during our trip.

Overall, great hotel and I would recommend staying here to anybody who visits Madrid.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan L
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments about the location, room
and mainly about the attentions and kindness of our staff during your stay.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid
Sincerely

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Let's start with the good. The location is great if you are looking to be close to Sol (city center) and people are not lying when they say they are located 10 steps from the metro. Could not be any closer! They are also next to a Starbucks if you are someone that can't leave that behind when you travel. The internet worked just fine for me and the lobby (bar/restaurant) was nice and seems like it has recently been redone. I was looking for an affordable hotel for my weekend in Madrid and this fit the bill. My room(s) also had AC. Not super strong, but you won't melt here either.

Now on to the not so good. The hotel is currently under construction and seems to be about half done. From the rooms I was in I couldn't hear it, but there is a definite "before and after" feeling happening in the hotel in regards to the looks. I checked into my room and was given a free breakfast add (I think that's b/c they thought I was going to be 2 ppl and was not) and then was given my key. I made it to my room and was not impressed. The room I was given was not much bigger than a dorm room (with a smaller bed) with the bathroom being around the same size. That's fine, it's Europe and I don't expect US sizes, but it was also old European style with no light. It did have a window, but it only opened up to the inner duct working of the hotel and no light ever coming into your room. Ever. The TV was small and located in an odd spot (much like college) and had about 5 channels, three of them sketchy, one fuzzy and CNN. Given all this I had to switch rooms. I asked about a new room right away, they couldn't switch me right then, but were able to accommodate me the next day. The next room was fine, no big "wow's", but a full TV with normal channels, regular size bed, etc. I have no idea where all these rooms with views are that people have talked about are-- I never saw them. Every room I saw ( I peaked in a few) were all the older style and dark. From what I can tell only the lobby/main areas have been updated. The staff was fine, not overly warm, but I can't really speak any Spanish. Maybe if I could it would have been better, but that's on me, not them.

Room Tip: Try if you can to not get an inside room and do NOT stay in room #16.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear client,
We are glad that the location was to your liking.
We are working to improve and ensure that our clientes have a
pleasant stay and excellent service.
We hope to welcome you again on your return to Madrid and check
to see that we have improved.
Sincerely