“I would love to return to Madrid and stay at Hotel Regina again!”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #124 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I decided to stay at Hotel Regina based on other reviews and its central location. I could not have been more pleased with this decision. We arrived very late and were greeted with a smile and quick delivery of our room keys. The room was beautiful and modern and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The service was always helpful and quick to respond. We accidently spilled liquid on the bed and after a call to the front desk, the maid was at our door and promptly changed the sheets. We've traveled a lot in Spain and that quick response is not the norm.

The location couldn't be better. The Sevilla metro stop is directly in front of the hotel and Plaza del Sol is a short walk. We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant but it always seemed to be full of locals which is usually a good sign.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pollockce
Write a ReviewReviews (3,561)

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I was in this hotel in May 2009 as I had treated my niece to a trip to Madrid for her 21st birthday and we were going to see Real Madrid v Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
I had never been to Madrid before and have to say I was taken in by the whole city and part of that was down to the hotel which is ideally located and absolutely ideal for an traveller who wants to get about the city without much fuss. Several Metro stations are located nearby as are many of the tourist attractions of Madrid (many just a short walk away), the tourist bus trips are also there. The staff were very friendly and although I could speak some Spanish it was mostly English used and the staff were more than able to help with the enquiries I and my niece had.
The rooms are fairly basic but have a comfortable feel to them, the hotel itself has a nice decor and the breakfast buffet in the morning was a bonus of a way to start your day. This hotel is ideal for seeing Madrid and for any form of tourist as I've no doubt already said. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dishydes
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The Regina is in the heart of Madrid, only a pleasant walk to the museums, plazas, and historics sights. In addition, there is a metro right in front of the hotel that easily connects to other locations, including Atocha train station.
On the first day we found a great place for breakfast called the Mallorquina (fresh orange juice "suma de naranja," delicious expresso, and freshly baked sweet rolls "ensaimados" that we returned to every day. It's just a few blocks away in Puerta del Sol.
We found the hotel to be extremely clean and modern with a friendly and obliging staff.
Our 10-day stay in Madrid at the Regina Hotel was an absolute success, and we definitely recommend it highly. In fact, the next time we visit Spain, we will be staying at the Regina.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LulioSenior
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We had only intended to stay one night, but due to the ash ended up staying for 4.
After reading reviews about street noise we requested a quiet room and that is exactly what we got. Very quiet, spacious room and a huge bathroom with walk in shower.
ok the view from the bedroom window was of a light well, but who comes to madrid to send allday looking out of thier window.
I found all the staff helpful, they all spoke english but as ever an attempt to speak spanish is apreciated.
The location is superb, 200 yards right out of the hotel and you are in puerto del sol 200 to the left and you are in the museum district. the metro is outside and for 2 euros you can travel to the airport by changing twice.
Good value was the royal palace which if free for eu citizens on wednesdays.
For 60 pound a night i would not bother staying anywere else in madrid

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Hotel location was the only thing to recommend this hotel for. The room was small with the smallest window overlooking what is best described as a service shaft. ie pipes and cables running up the walls. We had room 304 the view was of three other rooms in close proximity . If you wanted to see if the sun was out you had to twist your head to look up to a patch of sky at the top of the shaft. The room was unbearably hot and I tried to cool it down by adjusting the fan on the wall, I mistakenly thought this was air con but was told by the desk the hotel does not have air con. I think this room would be suffocating in the high summer.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morestarsthanUSAflag
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Superb location - steps from Subway. Also walking distance to many essential sites and museums.
A couple of changes needed when coming to/from airport, but that's only a one-time issue.
We were in what seems to be a newly renovated part (at the back) as there are two different sets of elevators, and the back part is a few feet different in floor height from the larger front part (Actually looked liike a differnt building had been 'absorbed' into an older one.
Astonishingly quiet room - especially considering the street outside was used twice for large protest meetings.
Wi-Fi was free - except didn't connect in the room, but no problems using the lobby.
And although other reviews indicated single beds only (no doubles) we requested a double and they pushed the two beds together and used oversize bedding, so we ended up with something like a King.
Radio system was web-based so we could listen to radio stations world-wide.
Staff were mostly excellent - a couple of glitches (towels weren't rplaced one day) but overall we were so impressed we recommend to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

The room is very stylish and clean. The hotel is directly in front of a metro station which is super convenient. Although the shampoo and soap they provided was cheap and poor quality and the front desk staff was not as friendly, I still enjoyed my stay there since I only paid for 69 euro for a night. It is great for the price I paid for.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple