“Comfortable Hotel in City Center”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #116 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Springville, Utah
“Comfortable Hotel in City Center”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

The hotel accommodations were comfortable, and the porter especially friendly. The desk staff had one day person especially willing to help foreigners. The food was average in the restaurant and pricey, but other food options are just doors away. This hotel is in the heart of the historic city and worth considering for a stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hartmadi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2010

When we checked in, we got the distinct impression that the front desk staff did not like Americans. We got a lousy room. Our questions were answered perfunctorily, and although we got the feeling that the second person at the desk might have been nicer, he seemed afraid to look us in the eye. The bellhop was very nice -- unfortunately, he didn't speak any English and his Spanish wasn't great either! The next morning, a nicer person was at the desk and we changed rooms with no problem. Each time the first staff member was on, though, we avoided the desk, and would have had a much better stay if we could have asked more questions. We were afraid of him.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonnie C
Haddonfield, NJ
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I recently returned from Spain and spent three nights at the Regina. I had requested an early check in and the room was ready at 10 am when I arrived. The staff was courteous and informative. My room was spacious and the bathroom was large with a double sink. The hose of the hairdryer had a hole in it but I bring my own and was able to use it with a plug adapter.
I received no meal coupon but did have coffee and a pastry in the small hotel cafe.
The location was great - across the street from the Sevilla metro and only a few blocks from Sol.
The airconditioning worked well which was fortunate since it was about 100 degrees in Madrid.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Regina hotel in Madrid and cannot fault it. We were given a large room with a balcony overlooking the street below. The hotel is located right by a metro stop so it was really easy when arriving from the airport. We were on a room only basis but we found there were plenty of places to get a breakfast, aswell as evening meal. Central Madrid is a lot smaller than we expected so we didn't need to use the metro whilst we were there as everything was within walking distance, and this hotels location was perfect; not too noisy as the Gran Via may be, but also not off the beaten track. We had air conditioning and a huuuuge flat screen tv in our room, the beds were comfy and we also found the hotel staff to be very polite and helpful. I would certainly return to this hotel again. Hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelcat22
London
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I spent 4 days with my wife in Madrid to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and we were very happy with Hotel Regina. The location in central, which is very important in Madrid and the desk staff were very helpful. We were also able to get a stay 4 pay 3 nights deal which made the value great. Our room faced the street so it was noisy when we opened the windows (i don't like AC), but i guess this would be the same in all central hotels in Madrid.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2010

To me, it's all about location when I'm choosing a hotel, and the location of this hotel can't be beat. The Sevilla metro stop is directly across the street, and Puerta del Sol, is less than a 5 minute walk away. It was usually easier to use the Sol metro, since it has better connections, and it's still very close. My initial room was very new, hip/cool and modern looking, but very small, (as it was a single) and It had no view at all. There was a lot of construction noise during the day, (and I needed some sleep after a long flight) so they moved me to a different room, which had the same noise, so they moved me again to a higher floor. The room I ended up in was older, but still has a lot of charm. For the right price, this is a great hotel option. The free wifi was a bit sketchy, but similar to the rest of the hotels I stayed in.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We only spent one night at the Regina, and wish it was more. It was a more upscale hotel than we are used to, but the price wasn't bad. It was also the only place where we ate an actual dinner in Spain, opting for tapas most nights. The Regina offered a 50% off coupon for guests, and it was well worth it. The breakfast buffet was also the most complete breakfast we had all week. The bathroom was awesome; large, fully stocked, and with a tub and bidet, as well as double sinks and great lighting.

The location was right downtown. We thought it would be noisy, but the air conditioning made a nice hum to drown it out.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple