“Loved the Europa”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #47 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 26 September 2008

We could not believe our luck when we arrived at the Hotel Europa last week . We were met at the door by a friendly porter who promptly relieved us of our bags and deposited them in our room. The staff at the check-in desk were very efficent and friendly and have a multitude of languages .

The room was usual European city size and was very comfortable with a large bathroom and had lovely french doors opening onto a little balcony. The hotel has a very popular restaurant and outside terrace , perfect for relaxing in the evening . Our room also had air conditioning which was much needed in 30 degree temperatures. Actually - check out the website - the rooms are very much as is on the pictures. Fantastic value for €90 per night for the room.

The hotel itself has a perfect location. Right outside its door are shops like Mango & Zara and many other hight street stores & department stores. You're also no more than 5 mniutes walk from the main shopping street the Gran Via and less than a 10 minute walk to the main bar / restaurant area.

Everything within Madrid is easily reached by walking. The hotel can also arrange the open top bus tour which I would highly recoommend to anyone visiting the city for only a few days.

There is also free internet access in the foyer - there is a limit of 15mins per person tho.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Europa

Reviewed 22 September 2008

This is a excelent hotel located as central as you can get it.

The staff are friendly and the hotel is very clean. The rooms are not too big, but are very comfortable. To be a two star hotel and prized at €85 pr night, its very good value for the money

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Great staff, great central location, great rooms.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I read several good reviews of this hotel, but was a bit disappointed. Mediocre hotel and mediocre value for what you get. Yes, the location is central but almost too hectic. I would prefer a slightly quieter street. Rooms are sparse, nothing special, though clean. Really did not like towels - thin, old, scratchy - and barely provided any soap (picky perhaps, but that is something I notice). Staff is pleasant but nothing to make note of. Making reservation was very easy though. Would not recommend the restaurant. I read a good review so I had lunch there, but I do not recommend it. I probably would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. Instead I would either look for a lesser-priced but better value B&B, or I would just spend more for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank s5a5s5y
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This is a great hotel as others have commented. It was better than the two different Madrid hotels we stayed in once our tour started -- (Florida Norte and Abba Madrid). The restaurant and outside cafe are charming, the waiters are friendly and someone always speaks English. Free internet. Very clean; I saw the a cleaner on the floor scrubbing with a toothbrush like utensil. Marble and wood everywhere.

One factor, which the Hotel has no control over, is that a new Subway station is being built in the Puerto del Sol which some rooms front on. The jackhammers started at 7 a.m. and go until 11:30. p.m. There are two sets of doors to close the windows of the room which definitely deadens the noise but then we couldn't hear the musicians which were also playing in the square.

By the way, I believe the Hotel is called Europa Hotel. I didn't see the word "Residencia" anywhere. They have a good website with lots of information and photos and respond within 24 hours to e-mails.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank annaliese
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We just returned from a three day visit to Madrid and stayed at Hotel Europa. This is our second stay at Europa and the first since its renovation two years ago. This hotel does not disappoint. Not only is it ideally located right smack in the middle of Puerta del Sol, but it is spotless and the staff is very helpful and friendly. One piece of advice—on our first trip we had a great room with a balcony overlooking the street; but we had a hard time sleeping because of noise that continued well into the wee hours. For this trip I booked an interior room and had no problems with noise. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Madrid.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank BeachiPichi
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Great hotel at a great price. Clean rooms, friendly staff and great views of the plaza from our balcony. Also the restaurant had some of the best food we had on the trip. Within walking distance to the Prado one direction and the Palace the other. Wish I could have stayed longer, Also 1 block away is the Dept store El Corte Ingles. Don't miss their wine and cheese.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family