“Excellent Choice right in Puerta Del Sol”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #40 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
San Diego, California
“Excellent Choice right in Puerta Del Sol”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you are a tourist looking for a hotel right in the middle of the action, then you have found it in Hotel Europa.

The room was quite large given the European standards we have gotten accustomed to in our previous few weeks in Spain. We had a small balcony overlooking all the fun on the Puerta Del Sol. There are dozens of restaurants, cafes, bakeries, etc. within a few feet of the front door.

The hotel is quite clean and given its location, is not pricey at all. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and spoke excellent English.
The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom quite large and the room even had a flat screen tv (though a little off to the side.) There is elevator service, so luggage should not be an issue. Also, the metro is directly in front on Puerta Del Sol (Sol station), as well as the hop on hop off bus stop.

I am not sure about parking there as we did not have a car at this point.

I would not hesitate in staying here again and highly recommend this hotel, especially given the price range.

Room Tip: The double pane windows do a great job of keeping the late night crowd noise away from sleeping ears...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived by metro and our room was ready early for us. Great location. You will be in the heart of the action so it can be a bit noisy but the rooms were great and the service wonderful. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank mark s
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice, clean, and the front desk was very nice. However, when I was here, they were re-papering the walls beginning loudly at 6 am. In a city where no one goes to dinner until 10 pm, one would think it would be understood that loud construction work wouldn't start until 8 or 9 am.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I arrived very late in Madrid for a one day business trip. I needed a comfortable bed, a hot shower, a central location, a friendly welcome, a delicious breakfast, and a cheery welcome. All were found at the Europa. This is a great find - very clean, comfortable and friendly, perfect for the one night business trip, I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

In the heart of the city, Hotel Europa is an excellent choice. The staff are extremely courteous and helpful. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained. We have stayed here two years in a row and consider the hotel and excellent choice....a good value for the price.

2 Thank Bob B
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for 7 nights in June 2014. It is a splendid hotel with friendly helpful front desk staff. Half a block off Puerto del Sol, Madrid's main square where there is always lots happening. You can watch from the hotel's outdoor cafe. Half block from metro. 15 minute pleasant walk to the three major art museums, 20 to beautiful Parc Rietiro. Wonderful location, close to everything you will want to see. Safe area. The room was clean and relaxing and quiet. I had large window that opened into a small interior court yard with geraniums on the sills. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dean M
Jasper
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel Europa was a pleasant and service-oriented hotel. Everyone from the reception to the restaurant was very helpful and courteous. I had an exterior room and the windows on the doors were pretty well soundproof. Personally I love seeing and hearing the action of the city so I chose the exterior room and loved it! I was very comfortable and I slept very well. If you need absolute quiet to fall asleep, bring earplugs or request an interior room. The first night I did discover a few tiny bugs in the bathroom and with the outside heat, this can happen to anyone. The next morning, the hotel understandably and immediately responded to my request to switch rooms. We went straight to the new room so I could check it out and then they helped me to move my belongings to the new room. In the new room, everything was perfect for the duration of my stay. They pride themselves on cleanliness so much so that the head over the cleaning staff spoke with me in the hallway to apologize. Also as a female traveling alone I felt very safe in the hotel and in the area. If you're a salad lover, try the goat cheese and walnut salad - it was delicious! I would definitely stay here again because of the hotel, the staff, the service and the location.

• Stayed June 2014