“great location”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #53 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 9 July 2014

In the centre of Madrid, right by a metro/train station, surrounded by shopping and restaurants. A short walk to the museums and palace. Friendly and helpful staff. Large rooms, clean and comfortable.

2  Thank Lynn H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Decent hotel, good price and great location, super easy metro ride from the airport and reasonably close to the express bus from the Airport. Good spot between the Royal Palace / Plaza Mayor and the Museum and Royal Park areas. Staff are helpful and speak excellent English. Lots of great restaurants and an easy walk to Sol Square to see the people and nighttime theater. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our second stay at Hotel Europa and once again we were so incredibly pleased with our visit and look forward to coming back. The staff here are very helpful, professional and polite. The check in process is easy and seamless, it's a nice touch that they take you to your room and show you around. Both times we have had rooms with a view of the Puerta del Sol and it's lively and vibrant and the mini balcony is great for taking it all in. I don't know what sort of super windows they have, but when you close up shop, the noise barely filters through - it's pretty amazing. The rooms are clean, simple and comfortable. The bathrooms are well outfitted and the rooms are fairly large by European standards. There is so much all around, you cannot beat the location - it's walkable and safe. I don't think I would venture to stay anywhere else in Madrid. Excellent experience once again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My latest stay at Hotel Europa was my fourth, and it definitely won't be my last. I was there for the first time in 2003, and I have been back to Madrid, and the Hotel Europa, for the past three years in a row. I already have plans to return in 2015 and beyond . . .

The location is unparalleled, the staff are pleasant and helpful, the rooms are clean and sufficiently well-appointed. Enjoy a glass of wine and people watch in the outdoor restaurant, or have your morning "cafe con leche" with dozens of locals in the indoor restaurant.

I have done a significant amount of travelling in the past few years, and the Hotel Europa is simply the best value for my travel accommodation dollar (or Euro). It remains my favourite place to stay in Spain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is a great value. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Very clean, the AC worked well, a fairly large room and the bathroom was really nice. We requested a quiet room and were given a room facing the courtyard, which worked well for us. We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel Europa is a nice hotel in the Plaza del Sol region of Madrid. Close to shopping, nice restaurants/bars, and in the heart of the city, it's in a great location. Although I only stead for 1 night as I spent the majority of my time in Barcelona, the hotel was good. Maybe a little higher on the price scale, it was ok. Although the rooms could use maybe a little sprucing up, it was comfortable, clean, and close to all the attractions which was great. The hotel restaurant/bar was nice, and the staff was lovely as well. I did love the small terrace of our room which was a nice surprise. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Europa and would stay again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is awesome. Here for a few days solo and felt very welcomed and comfortable. The staff, all of them, are great. Not intrusive, but certainly ready when you even think you need something. The rooms are impeccably clean and well cared for. The views to Puerto Del Sol inspire people watching. The location is walkable to anywhere. Can't ask for better! Love this hotel! I saw reviews where people complained of noise. Well, not an issue. Close your window and use the AC. Very quiet, unless you want Sol in your dreams. Happy Madrid.