Hotel Europa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Spa
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
B&B Hotel Puerta del Sol(Madrid)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Paris(Madrid)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
2,930 results
All reviewspuerta del solgreat locationrick stevespeople watchingoutdoor cafestreet performersplaza mayorcentral locationwithin walking distanceinterior roomroyal palacesol metro stationstay there againbalcony overlookinginner courtyardlight sleeperthe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I have stayed 2 nights in that hotel and I was disappointed: water in the shower was not really hot (or we don't have the same definition of hot and cold), bed was not comfortable (was sleeping on bed made of stone), wireless connection available in the hotel but password not shared with the clients (2 desktops available in the lobby and only the first 15 minutes for free!), no breakfast included in the high price requested per night. Fortunately i didn't stay longer and fortunately the location was just great! I don't think i will one more time stay in that hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This could have been a perfect stay if it wasnt for a few quibbles.
On a positive note, the location is excellent.
However, I rang them before I booked the room to check if they had internet in the rooms.
I was told they had cable internet in the rooms, and it was free.
However, when I arrived with my laptop, but there was no cable in the room, I was then told that I had to rent the cable for 2 euro per day.
I was very disappointed that they didnt tell me this when I specifically phoned them about this, especially when I had a load of internet cables at home.
The other thing is, when you are booking the room, the price is excluding tax.
I think the price should be included when you are booking.
I did not find it a very relaxing hotel to stay in, they staff seem very suspicious, and are very watchful of everything.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank corrcullen
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Myself and 3 girlfriends stayed at the Euopa for 2 nights (Fri/Sat) in October 2010.

We took a tube from the airport (about 20 mins), which brings you out in the square opposite the hotel. It did take us a while to figure out which hotel was the Europa, as the sign for it is actually down a side street, and not on the square. My best advice would be to stand in the middle of the square, with the 'bear climbing up the tree statue' to your right, and you should be facing the hotel.

There were 4 of us in 1 room, and we had 4 twin beds, which was requested. Bathroom was clean, airy and there were plenty of towels for us all. Our balcony overlooked the cafe and part of the square. We did not find the room to be noisy, although we were getting in late and had a side view room. The square still seemed busy about 3/4am, so rooms overlooking the square may be noisier.

You can pick up the open top sightseeing bus from the opposite side of the square. If you turn left out of the hotel and walk up the hill, you will find a great little market that sells leather goods and other trinkets. The shops of Gran Via are an easy stroll away

The reception area is fine, friendly multilingual staff on reception 24 hours, and free internet in the reception area.

For the price, this was a great place to stay right in a very good location

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank LauraJane83
Reviewed 10 February 2011

This hotel is right on the Puerta del Sol in the center of Madrid. We had a corner room and could watch the activity in the plaza. The room was comfortable and larger than many rooms in European hotels of this class. Price was reasonable, especially for a major city. The bathroom was especially large and well appointed. Staff were very helpful and the free computers in the lounge got us online with no problems. We ate breakfast a couple of mornings in the adjacent cafe and found it adequate. There are lots of good restaurants in the area. The one drawback that might bother some people is that there is a lot of activity in the plaza late at night. We slept well but light sleepers might need to ask for an interior room.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We were literally here just to sleep one night, but I will say that even though it is in the midst of Plaza del Sol (which is extremely busy and loud) the hotel took great care of ensuring their hotel and their rooms are kept safe. The room was clean and even though our windows faced the main square, the windows did a good job of keeping out the noise. There was no wi-fi and no mini-fridge, but we didn't need these things for our short stay. I don't care to stay in this part of town, but the hotel was decent.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple