“Good Value, Good Location”

Hotel Infanta Mercedes
Ranked #280 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Value, Good Location”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As first-time Vaughantowners, we opted for this hotel which is just around the corner from the Eurobuilding 2 where the bus leaves from and comes back to. It is well located and within easy walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Our room was adequate in size and amenities with a good breakfast each morning in the basement cafe. The reception staff we found helpful and friendly although we did get wrong info about them being able to onforward luggage for us while we walked the Camino. We asked two separate staff and made arrangements on the basis they could do it but on our last day advised they couldn't. To the credit of the young man at reception, he undertook to arrange it anyway and we thank him for that. But great venue and I would stay here again when in Madrid.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mazbeenz58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location, near the metro station. It is so easy to get to downtown, el Sol, in metro. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have been spending two vacations in the row and I am very happy with this hotel. The hotel is clean, the beds are very confortable, and it is located in a quite residential place. I love soo much, me and my boyfriend love so much that we plan to come back everytime that I am going to Madrid.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liliana N
Rathdrum, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Booked a double room as I found the single rooms very small
stayed two nights
Clean and all the essentials for a bath and relaxed breakfast the next morning
The one complaint was the noise from adjoining rooms both on the same floor and the floors above. At 4.00am in the morning this was not condusive to an uninterupted night's rest.
Situated in a quiet street overlooking a pleasant public park. Very convenient to the Europa complex and to the Metro.
Reception very helpful and with good English.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mcmr2016
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel is in a very good area, near the metro station and bus station. Just two stations from Chamartin, where you can take train to almost everywhere in Spain. The hotel is located in a quite silent residential place. You don´t have to stay in the so crowded downtown Madrid. Cuzco is a great place en Madrid.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarlosBioRio
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Excellent value. Warm room, comfortable firm beds. Lovely housekeeper gave us extra pillows and towels. Breakfast plentiful and yummy. No one spoke English except front desk but did not matter. All very helpful.
Cafe and bars across road. Also mini supermarket. All you need.
We have travelled all over the world and stayed in all sorts of places from very expensive to hostels. Would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Excellent value. Don't hesitate to book if you are looking for a good hotel at a very Reasonabl...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The single was incredibly small, presenting some difficulties with finding a spot to stow my suitcase, and I had some issues with the ventilation, but the breakfast was good and I thought the hotel was overall okay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was surprised by some of the reviews as I found this hotel offered excellent value for money. Yes, the single rooms are not large, but for one person I found the room more than adequate. Before I discovered Infanta Mercedes I was in a hotel with a much larger room, but breakfast there was 18 euros, wifi was slow and the price was a third as much again. While Tetuan is not a posh area, it is a regular neighbourhood and I never felt unsafe. It's also only 10 mins walk to the metro. Everything was clean, there was a bath/shower with plenty of hot water. I like that they have soap dispensers rather than little toiletries - much more eco-friendly. I enjoyed free wifi 24 hrs a day which was very fast & reliable. The buffet breakfast is included in the price and the selection was wonderful. Fresh fruit, cereal, hot food, cold food, pastries, all nicely presented. A great way to start one's day. Reception staff always very helpful and courteous. Loved the bowl of sweets on the reception desk. There is a lift in the lobby.

My only concern was that I could hear other guests through the walls/ceiling, but that didn't overly detract from what I found to be the best value for money in the area. Each guest will weigh up what is important to him/her - for me as a seasoned traveller, I would definitely return here when in Madrid again. Sometimes it's the little things that make a difference and for me Hotel Infanta Mercedes served all my needs and more. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo