The rooms are very tiny and the bathrooms are not much bigger. We had two suitcases and you couldn't put them both down at the same time. The streets a very noise all night and the walls are paper thin so we could here next doors tv until 2am.
The staff are not friendly and not very helpful. One of the metro lines was under going maintenance and they had no idea how to get to the places we needed to go as a result. They had no metro maps available. When we asked how to get to Grand Via station we were told to turn right outside of the hotel, when in fact it was left. Even simple instructions seemed too difficult.
The wifi is very bad. It took ages for anything to load which pretty much meant it was pointless using it as I didn't have the time to wait around.
You have to pay to use your room safe everytime you open and close it. Which is a bit ridiculous. Further, for your own 'safety' you have to leave the key at reception - as a result we locked our bags at all times.
I would definelty not recommend this hostal to anybody and would not be staying here again. The only positive thing I have to say about the hostal is that it is in a very good location - walking distance to the Palace, Sol, Cava Baja, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H. San Lorenzo has been recently remodelated on the most part of it's installations, situated in a beautiful historical and artistic building, everything is set up to make your stay unforgettable. We offer a vast array of rooms: single, double, triple, quadruple and familiar, all with their own ensuite full bathrooms and free wifi connection, wide windows to enjoy the spectacular views over Vazquez de Mella Square. Within our services are included transfer to the airport, optional breakfast, information service over serveral topics and, above all, a personal treatment from our multilingual receptionists and everyone in our personnel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hostal San Lorenzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal San Lorenzo Madrid
- Hostal San Lorenzo Hotel Madrid