Hostal San Lorenzo
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfresh towels every dayvia stationlocation is greatclean roomsminutes walk awayreception stafftwin roombars and restaurantssmall balconyplaza mayorroyal palacestreetsquarefurnishingswardrobepuerto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's a bare bone basic hotel, perfect location, very good for the peak season in a European capital. Very easy to find, walking distance to Plaza Del Sol, Plaza Mayor, El Retiro, Thyssen Museum, and many theatres. Carlos at Reception went out of his way to help me with my theatre ticket, etc. Nice place for a short stay in Madrid.

Room Tip: If facing street (like 306) it's not quiet for your sleep, people are outside until 2 a.m., talking etc. This room also was particularly tiny, so avoid those ending with 6. I was glad I was there just one night. On my return, for two night they gave me 205, much better, very quiet and more space.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Thia was a friendly hotel with good and helpfull staff.
I was there with my wife for 4 night and the price was good for what you get.
Located quite centrally in town with restaurant and tapas bar all around.
Not to good if you are anty gay or lesbians,
most restaurant around the area where very liberals.
My wife and I did't mind so it was ok for us.

Room Tip: Not much difference on the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On average a good clean comfortable hostel near for the centre of town.
However, the bed sheets could be changed more often and breakfasts could be improved.
To receive faxes one found staff was not helpful.
I could recommend the San Loranzo Hostel in Madrid Spain

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was realy close to everything so a good location. On the internet i see rooms with a balcony but we did not have. They were friendly but nothing extra. Like asking if we want to know something or what we liked the most.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Hostal San Lorenzo for 3 nights in July. The hotel is in a perfect location right in the heart of the action.
The room was exceptionally clean with a really good shower and a comfy bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay.
With such great deals on accommodation we couldn't ask for more. Having paid what we did we were surprised that the facilities were so good. We would definitely stay again.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends