On 14 June we stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The location is excellent. You can do a lot of things on foot: Puerta del sol, Plaza Mayor, Plaza Santa Ana( with lots of good tapas bars). You get a very warm welcome.when entering the hotel. We were offered a glass of cava Staff at the front desk are really very nice and helpful. Our bedroom was nice and clean. So was the bathroom. Airco sometimes made some noise, but there was no noise from the street.. We had breakfast at the hotel. It was very good and there was enough choice. In front of the bar is a nice courtyard where you can relax and have a drink. We liked the hotel very much and will certainly come back next time we visit Madrid. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Moratin hotel, which opened its doors in August 2002, is conveniently situated near the famous Golden Triangle (the Prado Museum, the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum), adjacent to the historic nucleus of the city which includes the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza Mayor. It is only a few metres away from the Plaza Santa Ana, known to be one of the best places for tapas nationwide, and close to the most popular theatres in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Puerta del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Madrid