“a wonder near Barajas Aiport”

Eurostars Suites Mirasierra
Ranked #120 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I just changed my mind not to stay at Westin Palace in downtown Madrid as usual, since I was all set to spend only 2 nights, so rather looked for a property from SPG around the airport, and couldn´t be more happy about my decision as I found this brand new developed facility.

I was so, so glad to see for the first time that a five star hotel really appointed a Club Manager, who was taking care of me from door to door, starting at the club lounge going to my upgraded room. The staff couldn´t be more friendly, efficient and warm, this is something all the rest should learn.

I bet anyone who may want to spend sometime in Madrid, you will find that this is the hotel one wants to be at!

Congratulations and thank you so much for such a wonderful time I got there!

Room Tip: "the view from higher rooms are fantastic"
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
13  Thank idrovoviva
MirasierraSH, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Mr. idroviva,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa for your stay in Madrid.

We received your nice comments about your stay in our Hotel and we really appreciate the time spent in writing them.

We are specially glad to know that you definitely enjoyed our Sheraton Club Lounge.

Once again, thank you very much indeed for trusting us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The only thing knocking the star off the rating is the distance from the most popular sites in Madrid; however, the Herrara Oria metro station is an easy walk away and that's how I connected to the many areas of Madrid that I visited.

We loved the room. The bed is a comfortable king, the bathroom large and upscale. (The soaker tub takes FOREVER to fill, though.) There are two built-in wardrobes so you can unpack, and a bookcase just inside the front door to store wallet, keys, sunglasses, umbrellas. There is a dry bar, fridge, and microwave next to the dining/living area in the suite. Plenty of outlets. Sixteen light switches, which was a tad excessive.

The pool and outside deck stretch the width of the hotel; both are stunning and do the hotel credit. The cabanas have double daybeds with pillows and blankets that are changed regularly.

The staff were all helpful and courteous. We stayed four nights in a corner suite on the seventh floor and were delighted with our stay.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear KermitMissesJim,

Thank you very much indeed for your nice words about your stay in our Hotel and
we really appreciate the time spent writting them.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you in Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa and we hope to receive you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you do not need to be in the centre but somewhere to the north of Madrid then this is the best hotel around. Also has a great pool and spa and sauna but for that they charge you 18euros, even if you are an SPG platinum member!
The place is modern and well-maintained, it has comfortable large rooms, I think they only have suites. In my case the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The prices are at the high end but not extorsionate unless you want to have a beer on the terrace outside at night, but then the terrace really is very nice on a summer's evening.
This hotel is not very old and has only just recently joined the Sheraton brand. This was highly necessary as the only place in town so far was the very expensive Westin Palace. Now all Starwood need to do is open a Four Points or an Aloft here as well.....

Dear London Telegram Sam,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa for your stay in Madrid.

After your last stay we received your nice comments about your stay in our Hotel. We really appreciate the time spent in writting them, as guests´opinions are one of our best tools in order to improve and we are especially glad to know that you definitely enjoy our outdoor swimming pool and in particular our terrace.

Once again, we thank you for trusting us and we hope we will have the oportunity of receiving you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is definitely the best place to stay in Madrid in my opinion - the staff is so kind and courteous and the ammenities are all wonderful - I have been a longtime guest even before they were a Sheraton and am not extremely thrilled as I a Gold SPG member. The food is great, the spa is so clean and the business services are wonderful. I look forward to visiting again in September on my next business trip to Madrid!

• Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear sr4cr9,

Thank you very much for your nice and stimulating comments about your recent stay in our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to know that we met guest´s expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on September at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2012

As an SPG Platinum I was greeted by the front desk manager at arrival, welcoming me and thanking me for choosing his hotel. This was a very nice touch, and much appreciated.

I was also upgraded to a junior suite on the club level, with access to the club lounge, as well as free internet and a complimentary bottle of wine.

The rooms are big (at least mine was), with a jacuzzi as well as a separate shower. The bed is comfortable, and the dining/sitting area of the room is functional.

The hotel is however a little dark and feels outdated with a lot of dark wood, but I guess this is the Sheraton style.

The bar in the courtyard is nice, but a little slow service. It took over 20 minutes just to order, and another 20 to get the check.

Since it is a far bit out of Madrid with appx 40 minutes by the metro, and there is not much around to do.

All in all a very good hotel, especially for an SPG Platinum member. I am definitely coming back.

Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Thorhansen,

We would like to thank you for the time spent in writing your experience about your stay in our Hotel.

Regarding the service in the bar, we would like to inform you that we have taken good notice of your comments and all due measures have already been taken in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was my second stay here in the past 4 months, the first since the hotel became a Sheraton.
The large rooms (suites, really) are unchanged and continue to feature the highest possible concentration of light switches anywhere, beds reportedly have been upgraded to Sheraton standards. Staff for the most part is the same , restaurant service seems better than before and food quality remains very good.
Internet and gym access are expensive (both just under 20 Euros/day) but otherwise prices for this kind of a hotel are reasonable.
If the northern periphery of the city and its relative proximity (15 min drive) to the airport suit you, then this is an excellent place to stay.

Dear BlueDolphinBrussels,

Thank you very much indeed for your positive feedback regarding your last experience in Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

Regarding he Spa/Gym access, I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that all our rooms except the Deluxe Suite has it included (18,36€ per day and per person).

And as regards the internet charge all our rooms has the internet included except the Deluxe suite. However, our Hotel offers a free wifi connection in public areas.

Once again, we thank you for trusting us and we hope we will have the opportunity of receiving you soon in our Hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

I have been here for business several times and the quality of the hotel is excellent. Rooms are very big and comfortable, with plenty of space and a large bathrooms. They have a gym and swimming pools. The restaurant is very good but a bit too expensive. The area is convenient is you work in the north of Madrid. Less if you are in the centre. Excellent choice for business trips.

• Stayed: June 2012
MirasierraSH, The Management at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear rgrici,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Madrid.

Thank you very much indeed for your nice words about your stay. We would like to let you know that we are really glad for having met your expectations.

Once again, we thank you for trusting us and we hope we will have the opportunity of receiving you soon at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.